5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 14 May 2020
Here are five (actually more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, May 14, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Hot Today
1. MSP Software – Funding: Liongard CEO Joe Alapat explains Series B funding here.
2. MSPs and Microsoft Patch Tuesday: Gill Langston, SolarWinds MSP’s Head Security Nerd, has posted a blog covering Microsoft’s latest Patch Tuesday update, with insights and takeaways for MSPs.
3. MSP Risk Management: MSPCFO now offers a bundle of reports focused on managing risk. The reports will provide guidance on:
- Staffing needs (both shifts and FTE levels);
- A/R exposure; and
- At-risk clients as defined by both declining activity and vertical markets served.
The bundle will be available for $50/month and is included in premium plans.
4. Financial Planning Tools: Oracle is offering free financial planning software tools to help customers navigate today’s ever-changing market conditions.
7. Channel Chief – Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI): Nutanix has promoted Christian Alvarez to senior VP of worldwide channels effective immediately.
8. SD-WAN Expansion: GTT Communications has expanded its managed SD-WAN service offering in the Americas region by adding the Silver Peak Unity EdgeConnect SD-WAN edge platform.
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.