5 Channel Partner Program and MSP Market News Updates: 14 April 2022
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, April 14, 2022. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
3. MSP Software – Desktop as a Service & Leadership: Former Microsoft Channel Chief Gavriella Schuster has joined Nerdio’s board.
4. Rackspace Becoming MSSP?: Rackspace Technology has joined the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA), an ecosystem of security software companies and MSSPs. It’s the latest clue that Rackspace is more fully extending from multi-cloud managed services to cybersecurity services.
5. Cloud Services Revenue – Europe: French cloud computing company OVHcloud raised its 2022 objective for revenue growth, citing increased demand for sovereign cloud offerings and solid commercial momentum, including contacts with major companies and public entities, Reuters reported.
6. Localized Cloud Services: A new Accenture Cloud First Sovereign Practice includes four new sovereign cloud centers in Kronberg, Germany; Trondheim, Norway; Paris and Rome. Sovereign cloud is an approach that “allows organizations to control the location, access to and processing of their data in a cloud environment in response to new, emerging industry standards and compliance requirements in specific countries or sectors,” Accenture indicated.
7. Partner Programs: Updates include…
- Nord Security, which develops NordLayer and NordPass, has expanded its channel program to support MSPs.
- Offensive Security has launched the Offensive Security Global Partner Program.
- Tangoe, a provider of IT expense management (ITEM) and managed mobility services, unveiled the Tangoe Partner Experience partner program.
8. Microsoft Office 365 Data Protection: Spin Technology introduced Application Risk Assessment and Access Management as a new module for SpinOne for Office 365 SaaS data protection platform.
9. Telecom Equipment – Ericsson Stumbles Twice: Swedish telecom provider Ericsson likely faces fines by U.S. regulators for its handling of a bribery investigation in Iraq, and the company reported a slide in quarterly earnings due to its suspension of business in Russia, Reuters reported.
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- Robin Robins Boot Camp 2022 (April 19-22, Nashville, Tennessee)
- Dell Technologies World 2022 (May 2-5, Las Vegas)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- IBM Think 2022 (May 10-11)
- ServiceNow Knowledge 2022 (May 11-12, New York and The Netherlands)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.