5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 12 December 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, December 12, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Hot Today
1. M&A – SOAR: Fortinet has acquired CyberSponse, a provider of Security Orchestration, Automation & Response (SOAR) technology, MSSP Alert confirms.
2. LogMeIn for Sale?: That’s the rumor.
3. Cisco’s Big Move: The networking giant announced new networking platforms — and has also decided to sell its networking chips to customers that want to build their own networking equipment. Key customers apparently include Microsoft and Facebook. The chip move positions Cisco against Intel and other silicon specialists.
4. Talent – Ingram Micro Leadership: What’s next for Alain Monié and Paul Bay? We share details here.
5. MSP Software – Government Compliance: The agents of SolarWinds RMM, SolarWinds N-central and SolarWinds Take Control now include cryptographic algorithms for managing Microsoft Windows systems that meet Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 140-2 encryption standards, making the agents FIPS compliant, the company says.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Talent: Broadvoice, a provider of hosted voice, unified communications (UC) and SIP Trunking services for businesses, has named Kathleen Annitto as regional channel manager.
2. MSP Software Integration: Bitdefender’s GravityZone MSP security suite now integrates with Datto RMM, the remote monitoring and management (RMM) platform.
3. Top 10 ServiceNow Partners: They’re ranked here.
4. New Partner Program: Details from D2IQ are here…
5. All Partner Programs: Search the comprehensive ChannelE2E Partner Program Database here. Also, submit your company information here and your partner program can be listed in the database.
C. Upcoming Technology Conferences
- Markforged 3D Printer Global Partner Summit (Jan. 5-8, 2020, Savannah, Georgia)
- NRF 2020: Retail’s Big Show (January 12-14, New York)
- Citrix Summit 2020 (January 13-15, Orlando, Florida)
- Auvik Networks Frankly MSP Live (January 14-15, Santa Barbara, California)
- TruMethods Schnizzfest 2020 (January 19-21, Orlando, Florida)
- Top 50 Technology Events in 2020 for Partners
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].