5 Channel Partner Program and MSP Market News Updates: 11 July 2022
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, July 11, 2022. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
1. Datto Employee Benefits: Kaseya denies that it cut some Datto employee benefits. The chatter surfaces less than one month after Kaseya completed the $6.2 billion Datto acquisition.
2. Tech Hiring Slowdown: The tech industry’s ultrarapid hiring during the pandemic is showing signs of cooling off, and a number of top executives are preparing for it to get worse, The Wall Street Journal reported.
5. Private Equity – New Fund?: Insight Partners, the private equity owner of Kaseya and Veeam, is in talks to raise a new $20 billion flagship fund just months after collecting that amount for a predecessor vehicle, Bloomberg reported.
6. Fake Cisco Equipment: U.S. prosecutors announced the arrest of a Florida man accused of importing counterfeit Cisco networking equipment that if authentic would be worth more than $1 billion, and reselling the fake products on Amazon.com, eBay and elsewhere, Reuters reported.
7. Cloud Distribution: Ingram Micro Cloud is now offering Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Google Workspace and Chrome Enterprise to its reseller network across Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand. Those services were already offered in the US, UK, Canada and France.
8. MSP Software Integration: The Zomentum Connect license management application now integrates with ConnectWise Manage. The integration allows MSPs to reconcile licenses, reduce data entry, and improve invoice and billing accuracy, Zomentum asserted.
9. Windows Patch Management Software: Scalefusion — a mobile device management solution from ProMobi Technologies — has launched Patch Management for Windows devices.
10. Zero Trust: Phalanx AI has launched MUZE (Monitoring Unstructured data with Zero trust Encryption), which “reduces the risk of data breaches, reduces the cost of incident response if a breach occurs, and provides data security through automatic, productivity-centric file-level encryption,” the company said.
B. In-Person Channel Partner Summits & MSP Conferences
- CyberArk Impact 2022 (July 12-14)
- Microsoft Inspire 2022 Partner Conference (July 14-15)
- AWS re:Inforce 2022 Cybersecurity Conference (July 26-27)
- Build IT Live 2022 (July 27-29)
- CompTIA ChannelCon (August 2-4, Chicago, Illinois)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live 2022 (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- All Tech Conferences: Listed Here
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.