5 Channel Partner and MSP Updates: Monday 09 November 2020
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, November 9, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Happening Today
1. Private Equity – Unified Communications: Searchlight Capital Partners and Abry Partners have carved out Mitel’s Clearspan Division. As a standalone company, Clearspan will be exclusively focused on delivering cloud communications solutions for service providers, large enterprises, governments, and educational institutions, the companies say.
3. M&A – SugarCRM Implementation Services: SugarCRM has acquired W-Systems, a CRM and marketing automation solutions and services provider. W-Systems was Sugar’s North America Reseller of the Year in 2020 and one of the company’s largest global implementation partners. We’re checking to see if or how the M&A deal will influence SugarCRM’s channel partner program and partner commitments.
4. Liongard Priorities: Liongard CEO Joe Alapat, in a ChannelE2E interview, described key MSP automation priorities for 2021 — and what that means for Liongard’s R&D focus. We’ll share details this week.
5. Partner Profit Calculator: Cisco Systems is promoting a new Customer Experience (PX) Partner Profitability Calculator.
6. MSP Community: ForzaDash, an MSP community, has grown to 7,000 MSP members and 50 vendor members, the organization disclosed today..
7. Digital Transformation – Industrial Sector: AVEVA is extending its long-standing strategic collaboration with Microsoft to focus on accelerating digital transformation in the industrial sector, the companies say.
B. Technology Conferences and Virtual Partner Events
- ConnectWise IT Nation Connect 2020 (November 10-12)
- Salesforce Dreamforce to You 2020 (November 12 Kick-Off)
- Druva DxP: Cloud Data Protection Summit 2020 (November 17)
- Amazon AWS re:Invent 2020 Virtual (November 30-December 18)
- Citrix Summit 2021 Virtual Partner Conference (January 12-14, 2021)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here