5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 09 December 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, December 9, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Hot Today
1. M&A – Salesforce Partners: Simplus, which specializes in Salesforce quote-to-cash advisory, implementation and managed services, has acquired Clout Partners. Simplus, based in Salt Lake City, Utah, will leverage Clout Partners to expand further into Europe. Clout has offices in London, United Kingdom and Dublin, Ireland.
2. M&A – Carbonite Lawsuit: Carbonite’s pending sale to OpenText faces this lawsuit. Nevertheless, OpenText believes it will finalize the Carbonite acquisition sometime this month. The deal also includes Webroot, a Carbonite business focused on MSP-delivered security.
3. M&A – 451 Research Acquired: S&P Global, a provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets, has acquired 451 Research, the well-known technology research and advisory firm.
4. Funding – Desktop as a Service: Workona, a cloud desktop provider, now supports more than 75 cloud apps from a single unified system. The desktop as a service (DaaS) provider recently raised $6 million seed funding round, led by K9 Ventures and August Capital.
6. Artificial Intelligence – IT Monitoring: NetEnrich this week will launch AI solutions for application and infrastructure monitoring and management, and collaborative incident management. The new offerings surface roughly one month after NetEnrich and ThreatLandscape disclosed their merger.
7. High-Tech Job Growth – Winners Take All?: Just five metropolitan areas—Boston; San Diego; San Francisco; Seattle; and San Jose, Calif.—accounted for 90% of all U.S. high-tech job growth between 2005 to 2017, according to the research by think-tank scholars Mark Muro and Jacob Whiton of the Brookings Institution and Rob Atkinson of the Information Technology and Innovation Foundation, The Wall Street Journal reports.
8. Small Business Initiatives – San Francisco: Project Equity and the Office of Economic and Workforce Development (OEWD) are partnering to promote various small business initiatives in the San Francisco area.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. MSSP Conference: The PerchyCon 2020 conference, set for January in Tampa, Florida, is nearly 100 percent sold out, according to conference organizer Perch Security. The MSSP-focused even ranks among ChannelE2E’s Top 50 Technology Conferences for partners in 2020.
C. Upcoming Technology Conferences
- Markforged 3D Printer Global Partner Summit (Jan. 5-8, 2020, Savannah, Georgia)
- NRF 2020: Retail’s Big Show (January 12-14, New York)
- Citrix Summit 2020 (January 13-15, Orlando, Florida)
- Auvik Networks Frankly MSP Live (January 14-15, Santa Barbara, California)
- TruMethods Schnizzfest 2020 (January 19-21, Orlando, Florida)
- Top 50 Technology Events in 2020 for Partners
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.