5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: 08 July 2021
Here are five (actually more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, July 8, 2021. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), technology solutions providers (TSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Brewing Today: Technology News
1. Kaseya Cyberattack Recovery Delayed: Kaseya has delayed a SaaS RMM platform restore until July 11, so that the MSP software company can implement additional security settings to the system, CEO Fred Voccola said in a company video on July 7. The REvil Ransomware cyber gang attacked Kaseya on July 2.
2. Ingram Micro Buyout Finalized: ChannelE2E reported the news last week. Now, an official announcement has arrived: Platinum Equity has completed the acquisition of Ingram Micro from HNA Group, for a total enterprise value of $7.2 billion, in a transaction that includes $5.9 billion of equity value. We’ll share more perspectives soon…
3. Remote Software – Business Growth Slowdown?: Remote connectivity software specialist Teamviewer reported weaker-than-expected billings growth in the second quarter but stood by its full-year outlook due to strong trading in June, Reuters reports.
6. Partner Program – Augmented Reality: 8th Wall, a provider of an augmented reality (AR) platform for the mobile web (WebAR), has launched the 8th Wall Partner Program, a “global network of trusted agencies and creative studios that have proven experience in bringing web-based augmented reality experiences to market,” the company says.
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- Microsoft Inspire 2021 (July 14-15, Virtual)
- CompTIA ChannelCon 2021 (August 3-4, Virtual)
- Build IT Live 2021 (August 30-September 1, New York)
- IT Nation Connect APAC 2021 (September 1-3, Australia)
- Salesforce Dreamforce 2021 (September 21-23, Multiple Cities and Virtual)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration