5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 06 February 2020
Here are five (actually, a bit more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, February 6, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Hot Today
1. M&A – Government IT Services: Unisys is selling its U.S. Federal business to SAIC for $1.2 billion.
2. M&A – Cybersecurity: Forescout Technologies being acquired for $1.9 billion, though higher bids may emerge…
3. MSP Growth: Abacus Group, a Top 100 Vertical Market MSP, grew its revenues roughly 50 percent on 2019. Among the key moves: Acquiring Proactive Technologies in February 2019. Abacus Group is backed by WestView Capital Partners, a Boston-based private equity firm focused on middle market growth companies. Still, Abacus remains majority-owned and operated by the company’s senior management team.
5. Distribution – Canada: Synnex Stellr has launched into the Canadian IT channel. Stellr supports business management and purchasing, and an online learning center.
6. Distribution – Email Security: Ingram Micro has agreed distribute Trustifi’s email security solutions, which protect users from such threats as phishing, malicious links and files, viruses, spoofing and more.
- Mark Morgan has been appointed president;
- Paul Constantine has been named executive VP of supplier services;
- Mike Ketchum, senior VP, finance, will take on the additional role of managing operations that support Intelisys sales partners and will serve as senior VP of finance and operations.
The trio reports to John Eldh, chief revenue officer for ScanSource.
C. Upcoming Technology Conferences
- IoT Evolution (February 12-14, Fort Lauderdale, Florida)
- Pink20 ITSM 2020 (February 16-19, Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Seven Figure MSP Live 2020 (February 20-21, Phoenix)
- ASCII IT Success Summit (Feb 26-27, Long Beach, California)
- Bonus: Top 50 Technology Events in 2020 for Partners
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.