5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 06 April 2020
Here are five (actually far more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, April 6, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Hot Today
1. Private Equity – New Fund: Silver Lake Partners is preparing to seek at least $16 billion from investors for its sixth flagship buyout fund, braving the economic uncertainty of the coronavirus outbreak, The New York Times reports. Rival PE firm Insight Partners, parent of Kaseya and Veeam, recently raised $9.5 billion for its Fund XI.
2. SMB Voice: Microsoft has opened the Microsoft 365 Business Voice SKU to over 70 countries via partner resellers (CSP, Cloud Solution providers), where the partner provides the telephony connectivity and minutes for the customer, TomTalks reports.
3. MSP – Talent: Fidelus Technologies, an MSP in New York, named Thorsten Buescher as its new head of service delivery.
5. Partnership – Credit Union Services: Continuity and Dollar Associates are partnering to promote regulatory expertise and cloud technology in the credit union industry.
6. Talent – Advertising Technology: Joveo has hired Shehzad Karkhanawala as VP of global marketing, and Dan Sapir as VP, partnerships and business development.
7. Talent – Open Source Software: Red Hat has named Paul Cormier as president and CEO. He succeeds Jim Whitehurst, who is now president of Red Hat’s parent, IBM.
B. Upcoming Technology Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.