5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: 05 November 2021
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, November 5, 2021. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Brewing Today: Technology News
1. MSP Software – Security: N-able has added more cybersecurity expertise to its board of directors, and formed a cybersecurity committee within the board. The latest addition is Microsoft security executive Ann Johnson.
2. MSP Software – Executive Leadership: Addigy, which develops a multi-tenant Apple device management software platform, has promoted Jason Samples to the newly created role of chief revenue officer (CRO).
3. CMMC Regulations and MSPs: A pair of new federal regulations that were posted — and then withdrawn — from the Federal Register could bring significant changes to the Department of Defense’s Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) program, SC Media reports. Meanwhile, a consulting firm called Prescott is assisting MSPs with CMMC compliance training and expertise.
5. Training – Google Cloud: Google Cloud Premier Partner Cloudbakers/Qwinix has launched Cloudbakers University, an online, on-demand learning environment for Google Workspace users in large and midsize enterprises.
- Revenue of $832.3 million, up 3.5 percent from Q1 last year.
- Net income of $131.9 million, up 27.6 percent from Q1 last year.
7. Datadog Quarterly Results: Datadog, which develops various cloud monitoring tools, announced Q3 financial results. Key metrics included:
- Revenue was $270 million, up 75 percent from Q3 last year.
- Net loss of $5.5 million, which was smaller than a $15.2 million net loss from Q3 last year.
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- Ingram Micro ONE 2021 (November 8-9, Virtual)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Connect 2021 (November 10-12, Orlando, Florida and Virtual)
- SAP TechEd 2021 (November 16-18, Virtual)
- Amazon AWS re:Invent (November 29-December 3, Las Vegas)
- SecurityWeekly Unlocked (December 5-8, Orlando, Florida)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.