5 Channel Partner Updates Thursday 05 December 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, December 5, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Hot Today
1. AWS Partner News: Track the latest AWS re:Invent 2019 conference news here.
2. AWS and Antitrust?: The U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has broadened scrutiny of Amazon beyond its retail operations to include AWS, Bloomberg says.
3. Private Equity – Economic Concerns: Private equity firms are bracing for a downturn and putting in safeguards to limit their downside risk, Goldman Sachs tells Bloomberg…
4. Funding – Crowdsourcing: Thoughtexchange has raised $20 million in Series B financing led by Information Venture Partners (Toronto) with participation from existing investor Yaletown Partners (Vancouver) and new investor Voyager Capital (Seattle). Thoughtexchange allows leaders to crowdsource answers to open-ended questions in real-time.
5. Datto Data Center Expansion: Datto has selected Aligned Energy‘s Salt Lake Metro data center for expanded data center services. Instead of leveraging the public cloud, Datto has built out its global data protection platform in third-party data centers.
6. Barracuda MSP – Global Momentum: Barracuda’s billings for MSP security solutions outside North America increased 249 percent year over year, as of October 2019, the company disclosed.
7. Bots and Automation – AntWorks Momentum: AntWorks in 2019 tripled its headcount and grew to more than 500 people across the globe in countries including Australia, Canada, Dubai, France, India, Japan, Philippines, Singapore, UK and the US. The company’s flagship product, ANTstein SQUARE, an Integrated Automation Platform (IAP) that enables enterprises to automate end-to-end business processes, the company asserts.
8. IT Service Management (ITSM): Qualtrics has unveiled EmployeeXM for IT, an experience management solution designed to improve help desk interactions.
9. Patch Management: TeamViewer’s Monitoring & Asset Management product now features Patch Management capabilities.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Nominations Welcome: Cloud Girls and the Alliance of Channel Women have joined forces present the fifth annual Cloud Girls Rising: Women to Watch Awards. Nominations are welcome here through January 24, 2020.
2. Microsoft Azure – Cloud Consulting Partnership: KPMG and Microsoft are strengthening their global relationship through a five-year agreement to accelerate digital transformation for KPMG member firms and mutual clients, the companies say. KPMG’s investment will be prioritized in three areas:
- Technology: consistent, global cloud-based platforms to drive the quality of service delivery and new client-facing business solutions and managed services
- People: augmenting the digital skills of KPMG’s global workforce and expanding talent in areas such as data science and digital architecture
- Innovation: extending the range of digital offerings and winning work through a diversified ecosystem of strategic alliances and a global innovation network
3. IoT – Systems Integration: Senet and Zenseio have partnered to deploy IoT, embedded technology, sensors and telemetry devices in the agriculture and industrial markets.
4. All Partner Programs: Search the comprehensive ChannelE2E Partner Program Database here. Also, submit your company information here and your partner program can be listed in the database.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Markforged 3D Printer Global Partner Summit (Jan. 5-8, 2020, Savannah, Georgia)
- NRF 2020: Retail’s Big Show (January 12-14, New York)
- Citrix Summit 2020 (January 13-15, Orlando, Florida)
- Auvik Networks Frankly MSP Live (January 14-15, Santa Barbara, California)
- TruMethods Schnizzfest 2020 (January 19-21, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].