5 Channel Partner and MSP Updates: Wednesday 05 August 2020
Here are five (actually more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, August 5, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Happening Today
1. U.S. Power Outages: Here’s the latest state-by-state map of hurricane-related power outages.
2. Multi-Cloud MSP – Rackspace IPO Expected Today: Here are details.
3. M&A – Private Equity and Vertical Market Software: Private equity firm Thoma Bravo has acquired Foundation Software, a provider of construction accounting software and payroll services for small- to mid-sized specialty contractors. Foundation Founder & CEO Fred Ode will maintain a minority ownership in the company. Financial terms were not disclosed.
4. Earnings – CDW: Total net sales at CDW were $4.37 billion in Q2 2020, down 5.7 percent from Q2 in 2019. Still, the results generally beat Wall Street’s expectations.
5. Earnings – Office Depot and CompuCom: Parent company ODP reported sales of $2.2 billion in Q2 2020, down 17% compared to Q2 of 2019. Still, portions of the overall results beat Wall Street’s expectations.
7. Talent – Cloud Monitoring: New Relic has hired John Siebert as executive vice president, sales for the Americas region. He’ll join the company on August 31, 2020, reporting to President and Chief Operating Officer Michael Christenson. Siebert previously held key posts at Forter, MongoDB and CA Technologies.
8. Government Cloud Services – NetApp and Microsoft Azure: Details are here.
9. Customer Portal: Collabrance, a Great America company, has launched a new customer portal to help MSPs drive more customer success.
10. Growth: Two Six Labs generated sustained revenue growth of more than 30% in the first half of 2020, and the company now employs more than 200 people. Actual revenue and profit figures were not disclosed.
B. Upcoming Technology Conferences & Virtual Partner Events
- CompTIA ChannelCon 2020 (August 4-6, Virtual Conference)
- IoT World 2020 (August 11-13, Virtual Conference)
- Kaseya Connect IT Global 2020 (August 24-27, Virtual Conference)
- IT By Design: Build IT 2020 (September 1, Virtual Conference)
- SaaStr 2020 Home: Virtual Cloud Business Conference (September 2-3)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here.