5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: 04 October 2021
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, October 4, 2021. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), technology solutions providers (TSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Brewing Today: Technology News
1. Channel Chief – MSP Automation: Gradient MSP has hired Cytracom and IT Glue veteran Dave Goldie as VP, channel. Goldie arrives as Gradient MSP prepares its first conference plus a billing automation software launch.
2. M&A – Data Integration & Observability: BMC Software has acquired StreamWeaver. The acquired software allows customers to achieve “better incident and risk predictions, improved automated remediation, and increased support for DevOps and ServiceOps,” the buyer said. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
3. Managed Database Cloud Services: OVHcloud has introduced Managed Databases for MongoDB as well as the free beta version of four databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis and Kafka.
4. Data Center Security: A Texas man who plotted to blow up a data center in Virginia was sentenced to 10 years in federal prison. Seth Aaron Pendley, 28, was arrested in April 2021 after attempting to obtain an explosive device from an undercover FBI employee in Fort Worth. He pleaded guilty in June 2021 to malicious attempt to destroy a building with an explosive and was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Reed C. O’Connor, according to a court statement.
5. Cybersecurity Awareness Training: ESET is launching an interactive phishing derby for its channel partners to help raise awareness of the importance of cyber hygiene. The derby allows partners to customize the game before sending it out to existing and potential customers. At the conclusion, customers can access additional cybersecurity resources, trials, demos, and trainings, ESET said. The derby runs October 4 through the end of 2021.
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- VMware VMworld 2021 (October 5-7, Virtual)
- UiPath Forward IV 2021 (October 5-6, Las Vegas)
- Google Cloud Next 2021 (October 12-14, Virtual)
- Sherweb Accelerate 2021 (October 18-20, Hollywood, Florida)
- Kaseya Connect IT Global 2021 (October 19-21, Las Vegas)
- MSP Sales Compensation Plans for 2022 (October 21, ChannelE2E Webcast)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.