5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: 04 February 2022
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, February 4, 2022. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
1. ServiceNow Invests In BigID: The ServiceNow move aligns with the company’s privacy, security and governance initiatives….
2. Desktop Backup for MSPs and SMBs: Unitrends, a Kaseya company, has launched the ION Series of desktop backup appliances and a Cyber Assurance Program. The appliances support automated disaster recovery (DR) testing, immutable storage, AI-based ransomware detection and more, Unitrends stated.
4. Patch Management: JumpCloud will launch Patch Management on its cloud directory platform sometime in Q1 2022.
5. Partnership – OpenText on Google Cloud: OpenText — parent of AppRiver, Carbonite, Webroot and Zix — is “deepening its strategic partnership” with Google Cloud by launching its OpenText Core Content as a service on Google Cloud. The result: Customers can deploy OpenText’s enterprise productivity suite on Google Cloud’s platform.
6. Global IT Consulting – Pending Asset Sales: DXC Technologies plans to sell off non-growth business units that generate about $500 million in annual revenues. The asset sales are expected to fetch $500 million — or a nominal valuation of 1X revenues, the company said during an earnings call this week.
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- Dynatrace Perform (February 7-11, Las Vegas)
- ASCII 2022 MSP Success Summit (February 16-17, Houston)
- NerdioCon 2022 (February 21-23, Cancun, Mexico)
- ThreatLocker Zero Trust World 2022 (February 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Addigy Innovate Summit (February 22-23, Virtual)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.