5 Channel Partner and MSP Updates: Friday 04 December 2020
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, December 4, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Happening Today
1. M&A – Private Equity: Thoma Bravo has acquired Flexera, a developer of IT management solutions. Flexera’s existing shareholders TA Associates and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board retain “meaningful” stakes in the business. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. Thoma Bravo also owns Barracuda, ConnectWise, Sophos and SolarWinds — although SolarWinds also trades on public markets ($SWI).
3. M&A TLS/SSL Certificates: Sectigo has acquired SSL247, the biggest SSL certificate and web security provider in the UK and France, and Xolphin, the largest provider of SSL certificates and digital signatures in the Netherlands. With the two acquisitions, Sectigo “significantly extends its sales reach and support for the company’s leading SSL certificate solutions” to “thousands of additional organizations across Europe and Latin America,” the buyer says.
4. Talent – Enterprise SaaS Management: Zylo has hired Salesforce veteran Tim Horoho as chief technology officer (CTO) and Conga veteran Bob Grewal as chief revenue officer (CRO).
5. Multi-Cloud Data Storage: Nutanix has announced new hybrid cloud capabilities for its unstructured data storage offerings, Objects and Files. The result: Nutanix customers can now “deploy an easy-to-use, scale out storage fabric across their different cloud environments to simplify data management and effectively manage costs – moving IT teams ever closer to a true hybrid cloud operating model,” the company asserts.
6. Data Protection – Microsoft Office 365: Veeam has released version 5 of Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365. The upgrade includes backup and recovery support for Microsoft Teams.
B. Channel Chiefs, Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
2. Partnership – M&A Guidance: Ernst & Young has built EY Diligence Edge, a software platform designed to help M&A dealmakers identify risks and opportunities faster through deeper insights across the transaction’s life cycle, EY says. The software platform leverages IBM Cloud and IBM Watson Discovery.
3. Partner – Cisco WebEx: Theta Lake, Inc., which specializes in collaboration security and compliance solutions, is now available on the Cisco Global Price List (CGPL). Cisco participated in Theta Lake’s recent $12.7 million Series A funding round.
6. Partnership – Industrial Security: Nozomi Networks and Chinook Systems have partnered to provide cybersecurity solutions to protect industrial and critical infrastructure facilities across North America.
C. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Event Calendar
- SAP TechEd 2020 (December 8-10)
- New: Datto’s Third MSP Technology Day (December 9)
- Citrix Summit 2021 (January 12-14)
- Subsurface Live Winter 2021 Data Lake Conference (January 27-28)
- Avaya Engage 2021 (February 7-10, Orlando)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here