5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 03 February 2020
Here are five (actually, a bit more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, February 3, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Hot Today
1. Louisiana Blasts MSPs: Many MSPs are dropping the ball on cybersecurity, leaving elections open to the threat of cyberattacks, Louisiana Secretary of State Kyle Ardoin warned peer government leaders on January 31.
2. M&A – Canadian MSPs: Fully Managed acquires TWT Group, an MSP in Calgary, Canada.
3. M&A – California MSPs: briteCITY, an MSP led by Kaseya & inhouseIT veterans, has acquired ANiMODUS to expand IT services.
4, M&A – Private Equity and MSPs: Ntiva, backed by private equity firm Southfield Capital, has acquired Equilibrium IT Solutions.
5. M&A – WorkDay Cloud Consultant: Accenture has acquired a Workday IT consulting practice from Sierra-Cedar.
6. IT Services – SMB App Development: System Soft Technologies, an SMB IT service provider in Tampa, Florida, has launched an application development outsourcing service.
7. Venture Capital Regulations: Venture capital funds could be poised to see bigger cash infusions from Wall Street banks as U.S. regulators move closer to easing post-crisis restrictions on such investments, Bloomberg reports. The move will allow Banks to back venture capital deals, but may also expose banks to high-risk technology ventures and market corrections.
8. Office 365 eDiscovery: FTI Consulting has launched a universal Microsoft Office 365 connector, which eliminates unnecessary steps during the eDiscovery process.
9. Oracle Cloud Data Centers: Oracle has added new cloud computing data centers in five countries and aims to have them in 36 locations by the end of 2020, as it races with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure for market share, Reuters reports.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Cisco Mid-Market Partner Strategy: Details are here.
2. AT&T Channel Partners: The company has announced its Solution Provider Champions for 2020.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California)
- SANS 2020 Cybersecurity Training Conference (April 3-10, Orlando, Florida)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2020 (May 13-14, Chicago).
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar