5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 02 March 2020
by Joe Panettieri • Mar 2, 2020
Here are five (actually far more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, March 2, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Hot Today
2. M&A – Zayo Buyout: The deal is expected to be finalized by March 9, 2020, Zayo says.
4. M&A – Data Centers: Digital Realty‘s buyout of InterXion has been approved by InterXion shareholders. The deal is expected to close in the first half of 2020.
5. M&A – Telecom and MSP Services: Cincinnati Bell and Brookfield Infrastructure have signed an amended M&A deal valued at $2.745 billion, including debt. Brookfield bid to acquire Cincinnati Bell in December 2019 but had to raise its bid when a competing offer emerged.
6. Military Systems Issue: Thousands of user were lock out of Pentagon and VA benefits websites last week, Military Times reports.
7. Talent – IT Services: Mindtree has named Dayapatra Nevatia as chief operating officer.
8. Talent – Nokia and 5G Networks: Nokia has rehired Pekka Lundmark to lead the Finnish telecoms company and revive its faltering 5G networking business, Reuters reports. The news surfaces one week after rumors that Nokia planned to sell some or all of its business.
9. Talent – Technology & Marketing Services: Acxiom has named Chad Engelgau to succeed Dennis Self as CEO.
10. Layoffs – Storage: Hitachi Vantara is cutting roughly 1,500 employees, Blocks and Files reports.
11. Cisco SecureX Strategy: More details are here.
12. American Express – SMB Controversy: American Express staff misled small-business owners to boost credit card sign-ups, The Wall Street Journal reports. Questionable sales tactics emerged around the time American Express lost a lucrative deal with Costco in 2015.
B. Strategic Alliances and Partnerships
1. Azure Expert MSP: Reply, an MSP in Italy, has achieved Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Services Provider (MSP status.
2. Partner Program – MSP: Texas Systems Group (TXSG) has launched the BrightChannel Partner Program. TXSG is shifting from a mid-sized local, MSP to a growing, national MSP, the company says. The company launched in 2002, and offers MSP services to SMBs as well as healthcare organizations.
C. Upcoming Technology Conferences
- Zendesk Relate 2020 (March 3-5, Miami, Florida) – coronavirus precautions
- HIMSS (March 9-13, Orlando, Florida) – coronavirus precautions
- SaaStr (March 10-12, San Jose, California) – coronavirus precautions
- Aruba Atmosphere20 (March 22-27, Las Vegas)
- Google Cloud Next 2020 (April 6-8, San Francisco)
- Bonus: Top 50 Technology Events in 2020 for Partners
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.