5 Channel Partner Program and MSP Market News Updates: 02 August 2022
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, August 3, 2022. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Executive VP & Editorial Director at [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
2. Venture Capital – 5G Startups: Singtel plans to invest another US$100 million into Singtel Innov8, its corporate venture arm, raising its total capital commitment to US$350 million. Innov8 invests in startups focused on 5G, Artificial Intelligence, the digital economy, sustainability, cybersecurity and emerging technologies.
4. Partner Program – Extreme Networks: The Extreme Networks partner program now features “badges” for specialized partners in such areas as State and Local Government; Sports and Entertainment Delivery; and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
5. Partner – AWS Security Competency: Tata Consultancy Services has achieved the Compliance and Privacy distinction in Amazon Web Services (AWS)’ newly launched Security Competency.
6. Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Market Forecast: The Robotic Process Automation (RPA) software market will reach $3.35 billion in 2023, up 19.5% from 2022, Gartner forecast. At first glance, the key takeaway suggests demand for RPA software remains strong — but the RPA market growth rate is slowing. Still, RPA software startups such as Rewst are just getting started in the MSP SMB market.
7. Executive Leadership – Hybrid Cloud Software: Nutanix has named Andrew Brinded to succeed Dominick Delfino as chief revenue officer (CRO). Delfino stepped down to pursue a new opportunity at another technology company.
8. Executive Leadership – Distribution: ScanSource has named Alex Conde to chief people officer. In this role, Conde will lead the company’s global People & Culture team, focusing on “advancing ScanSource’s talent and recruitment strategies, culture-focused initiatives and overall People success,” the company said.
9. Executive Leadership – Secure Access Service Edge (SASE): Versa Networks has hired former Verizon Business executive Pantelis Astenburg as VP of sales for the DACH region.