5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 01 June 2020
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, June 1, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Hot Today
1. MSP Chat Software: Syncro Chat is now available within the Syncro RMM and PSA software platform. We’ll share more details soon.
3. M&A – IT Services: AGC Networks is set to acquire Fujisoft to expand its IT services footprint across the Middle East region. The deal is subject to local regulatory approval.
5. Funding – Data Monitoring: Toro, a data quality monitoring solution built by former members of Uber’s data platform team, has raised $4 million in Seed funding, co-led by Costanoa Ventures and Point72 Ventures with other backers, including former Head of Data at Uber, Jai Ranganathan, and head of machine learning platform for Uber’s self-driving arm, Yu Guo.
6. Zoom Encryption Services: Video conferencing provider Zoom plans to strengthen encryption of video calls hosted by paying clients and institutions such as schools, but not by users of its free consumer accounts, Reuters reports. The encryption technology likely involves Zoom’s recent Keybase acquisition.
7. HPE Aruba Networks: The networking company has unveiled a “suite of innovative workplace solutions and a new vision for three return to work scenarios – returning to the office and venues, working from home, and ultimately, the office reimagined,” Aruba asserts.
8. Talent – Wipro CEO: Global technology services giant Wipro has hired Capgemini Group veteran Thierry Delaporte as CEO. Delaporte succeeds Abidali Neemuchwala.
9. Google Android 11 Launch Delayed: Google has postponed this week’s planned unveiling of the beta version of its latest Android 11 mobile operating system in light of protests and unrest in the United States, Reuters reports.
10. Cisco Live 2020: ChannelE2E expects plenty of Cisco Networks partner news from the company’s Cisco Live 2020 digital customer conference, which runs online June 2-3. We’ll share more details as they surface…
11. IBM Layoffs – Secrecy Faces Criticism: New IBM CEO Arvind Krishna is under the microscope for maintaining the company’s silent approach to layoffs and cost cutting. A detailed Bloomberg article notes IBM’s multi-decade approach toward job cuts — which typically lacks any type of detailed disclosure to media, analysts and employees. Critics have long pushed IBM to be more transparent, but a company spokesperson told Bloomberg that IBM doesn’t share more layoff details because of competitive concerns.
12. Microsoft Layoffs: Microsoft won’t renew the contracts for dozens of news production contractors working at MSN and plans to use artificial intelligence to replace them, The Seattle Times reports.
13. Poly and Microsoft Teams: Poly is rolling out various Microsoft Teams collaboration options for personal offices and large conference rooms.
14. Microsoft Azure Peering Service: Microsoft is optimizing the way customer traffic flows within and across the Azure cloud network. Details are here.