5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: Monday 01 February 2021
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, February 1, 2021. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), technology solutions providers (TSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Brewing Today: Technology News
1. Channel Chief – SD-WANs: Network as a Service (NaaS) provider Megaport has hired Rodney Foreman as chief revenue officer. Foreman previously held key executive posts at Cobalt Iron, Nutanix and IBM.
2. Channel Partner Program: Imperva has extended its Web Application and API Protection (WAAP) and Data Security offerings to all businesses with a channel-first strategy designed to help grow a reseller’s business, the company says. The effort includes a new self-service product trial program and new subscription plans from Imperva, which are designed to simplify a partner’s sales process, the company says.
3. M&A – IT Solutions Provider Lawsuit: A legal challenge to Presidio’s $2.2 billion take-private buyout from 2019 can move forward in certain fronts, a Delaware judge ruled Friday, Bloomberg Law reports.
4. Private Equity – New Fund: KKR plans to raise $15 billion or more for its 13th private equity fund focused on North America, Reuters reports.
5. Government Cloud – JEDI Project Question Marks: The Defense Department may not continue with the embattled Joint Enterprise Defense Infrastructure cloud contract if a federal judge does not dismiss charges of improper political influence in Amazon Web Services’ protest, according to a document sent to Congress, NextGov reports.
6. Layoffs – Hyland Software: The content management software provider has cut roughly 140 employees, though there are plans to hire more than 300 people and overall global headcount will rise about 15 percent this year, IdeaStream reports. Hyland acquired Alfresco in October 2020.
7. AI for Government – IT Consulting: Deloitte has launched CortexAI for Government, which i designed to accelerate artificial intelligence-focused deployments among public sector organizations.
8. AI for SMBs – Partnership: UBIX and ORS Group are partnering for the “democratization of advanced analytics and data science in order to make AI abundant, reliable and cost effective for small and midmarket companies.”
9. Integration – UCaaS: Prodoscore, a productivity intelligence and employee visibility software tool, now integrates with RingCentral.
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- Subsurface Live Winter 2021 Data Lake Conference (January 27-28)
- MSP Sales Strategies From Chris Wiser: ChannelE2E Webcast (February 25)
- Reinforce AI Conference Powered by Ericsson (March 3-5)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here