5 CompTIA ChannelCon Partner Updates: 01 August 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, August 1, 2017.
Actually, there are 13 timely updates — many of which come from CompTIA ChannelCon in Austin, Texas. All of our updates are designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
13. HP Virtual Reality: HP Inc. has unveiled various virtual reality solutions and services for business customers. The big question: Will HP announce any partner programs for the VR efforts during the company’s Reinvent Worldwide Partner Forum in September?
12. M&A – Cloud Solutions: Red Hat has acquired Permabit assets to “ease the barriers” of cloud portability and data deduplication. True confession: I’ve owned Red Hat stock for about a decade and have no plans to sell. Long live Linux and open source.
11. M&A – Distribution: ScanSource has completed the previously announced acquisition of POS Portal, a distributor of payment devices and services primarily to the SMB market segment in the United States.
10. Talent – Distribution: Tech Data has named Deena LaMarque Piquion to VP and GM, Latin America and Caribbean (LAC). Piquion oversees the strategic direction and execution of all sales, marketing, and operations functions for the company’s LAC organization, including its Miami-based Latin America Export division. She reports to Jeff Bawol, senior VP, Enterprise Solutions.
9. Talent: Keep a close eye on SSH Communications Security, which has made multiple executive moves…
8. Partner Program: Agiloft Inc., a provider of agile business software, has added three Platinum-level partners that will expand availability of Agiloft globally. The key partners include Collins Technology Consulting, Saasam and Spectrum Mobility.
7. Carbonite Partner Program: Keep an eye out for Carbonite channel partner program updates and enhancements…
6 . Partner Marketing, Part 1: Marketopia has unveiled new marketing service plans designed to allow MSPs, VARs, systems integrators and other technology services companies access to agency-quality marketing services, training and more at an affordable price, the company says. A new MACH SS program provides access to the agency’s Lead Machine marketing automation and business intelligence tool, and offers more than 200 pre-built email marketing templates.
5. Partner Marketing, Part 2: Intermedia, a cloud services provider for channel partners, has launched two new “Through-Partner” integrated marketing campaigns. They focus on Office 365 email risks and ransomware mitigation strategies.
4. RMM Software: Avast has launched a new AVG Managed Workplace solution. It includes site security assessment capabilities for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). MSPs can perform real-time security assessments and consolidate the data into easy-to-read reports that prescribe solutions for issues, Avast asserts.
2. Cloud Readiness: Ingram Micro Inc. has unveiled a Cloud Intelligence Program and online tool designed to help its channel partners build bigger and more profitable cloud practices. The effort includes a web-based tool — known as the 2112 Group Cloud Altimeter. The tool provides “actionable insights that channel partners can use to understand their relative competitive position in the marketplace and build new cloud development strategies,” the company says. The 2112 Group, led by CEO and Chief Analyst Larry Walsh, built the tool.
1. Live From ChannelCon: Our ongoing coverage of CompTIA ChannelCon continues today. Check ChannelE2E’s home page for frequent updates and meeting recaps.