5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 30 August 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, August 30, 2017.
Actually, there are 18 (wow) timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look.
18. HIPAA Guidance: Some good news (and potential bad news) for MSPs in the healthcare sector. On the one hand, MSPs and CSPs are not responsible for their clients’ HIPAA compliance. But those service providers Might Be At-Risk… Mike Semel explains why here.
17. Oracle Talent: Oracle is hiring 5,000 cloud professionals in the United States to more effectively compete against Salesforce. Impressive. But Oracle didn’t disclose how many employees it has cut from its traditional hardware and software business units this year…
16. Automation vs. IT Experts: At HCL Technologies, just 40 percent of the company’s 1350 Australian workforce are on the temporary visas, down from 70 percent. Why’s that? Apparently, the answer involves IT automation…
15. SD-WAN Partnerships: Symantec, VMware and Forcepoint are among the latest members of the VeloCloud SD-WAN Security Technology Partner Program, joining inaugural members IBM Security, Check Point Software Technologies, Fortinet, and Zscaler, the company said.
14. Partner Program, Part One: Pivot3 has expanded its partner program for hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) solutions…
13. Partner Program, Part Two: Sennheiser’s new dealer registration program allows VARs to lock-in prices for up to one year with savings of up to 15%, depending on the deal, if they register an opportunity via the company’s new portal, the company says.
12. Distribution: ScanSource’s net sales rose 5 percent to $917.3 million in Q4 2017, driven by growth in the Worldwide Barcode, Networking & Security segment, the value added distributor said.
11. Data Center Expansion: TierPoint will build a second data center in Baltimore less than a year after expanding its current Baltimore facility. TierPoint is a national Hybrid IT /Cloud service provider with 40 data centers in 20 US markets and 8 multi-tenant cloud pods serving 5000+ customers.
Go to page two of two for the conclusion of this blog