Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, August 29, 2018.
Actually, there are 14 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
12. HP Enterprise – Talent:HPE has hired former Sprint CFO Tarek Robbiati as its new finance head.
11. Distribution – Finances:ScanSource’snet sales increased 8 percent to $993.9 million, the distributor says.
10. Distribution – ConnectWise:Exeed has agreed to distribute ConnectWise’s business management software in New Zealand.
9. Distribution – Partnerships:Intelisys, a ScanSource company, says Resourcive is the company’s 17th Sales Partner to reach Platinum Sales Partner status.
8. Talent – Bomgar: Identity and Access Management specialist Bomgar has hired Chris Jones as senior VP of global sales and chief revenue officer (CRO). In this newly created role, Jones oversees all direct sales, solution engineering, channels and alliances, and sales enablement operations worldwide.
7. Security Partnership: Webroot and Digital Shadows have integrated their security platforms. Digital Shadows SearchLight platform clients will be able to access Webroot BrightCloud Threat Intelligence Services (BCTI).
6. Funding – Multi-Cloud Management: Spotinst has raised $35 million in a funding round led by Highland Capital, bringing total funds raised to date to $52 million.Existing investors Leaders Fund, Intel Capital, and Vertex Ventures also participated in the latest funding round.
5. Consumer IT Support – Funding:Puls Technologies, which develops a platform that connects consumers with technicians to fix smart technology devices, has raised $50 million in funding round.
4. MSPs & Network Management:RapidFire Tools has expanded its Network Detective Reporter tool with InDoc, which gives MSPs secure, web-based access to data about their clients’ networks at the time and location that the MSP needs it.
3. MSPs & Financial Services:NCR has introduced a managed services bundle that allows channel partners to support Community Financial Institutions (CFIs). The so-called Digital Connected Services framework focuses on an end-to-end business process management approach across ATM, point of sale, and other consumer interaction devices, NCR says.
2. M&A – MSP Acquired:NuMSP, which positions itself as a national MSP & cybersecurity solutions provider, has acquired Info-Link Technologies — a Columbus, Ohio-based network solutions provider.
1. Top 50 MSPs for AWS/Top 50 MSPs for Azure:Participate in the survey here and potentially earn honors for your MSPs. Plus: Get the honoree lists and see the research by attending our next ChannelE2E webcast. Register now.