Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, July 26, 2017.
Actually, there are 14 timely updates for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look
14. Security: VIPRE Security has again achieved an Advanced+ rating for the first half of 2017 – the highest-rated award possible from AV-Comparatives, an independent authority on antivirus performance. The most recent testing period, from February-June 2017, marks the third consecutive cycle that VIPRE achieved the prestigious Advanced+ level, the company notes.
12. Partner Honor:Microsoft has named Synnex as its Worldwide Microsoft Surface Partner of the Year. We rarely cover such honors, but that was a biggie…
11. Partner Program, Part 1:Datos IO, an application centric cloud data management company, has launched the Datos IO Rebellion Partner Program. It’s designed for resellers to help enterprise customers scale next-generation applications across hybrid cloud and multi-cloud environments.
9. M&A:Sage Group has acquired Intacct, a financial services software specialist, for $850 million. We’ll share more thoughts soon.
8. Managed SD-WANs: CenturyLink ‘s managed hybrid SD-WAN services are now available. The service offers application-aware routing to automatically identify the best end-to-end path (on-premises or across clouds) based on application requirements and network latency, CenturyLink says.
7. AWS Hosted Workstation Applications?: You already know about basic Windows desktops and productivity applications that can be hosted as on-demand services. But what about full-blown, graphic intensive workstation applications? Amazon claims to have the answer with its AppStream 2.0 service…
6. Google Cloud Momentum?: Although Google often avoids cloud revenue discussions, here’s an interesting anecdote: Google scored three times as many large deals (worth $500,000 or more) for its cloud service in the second quarter as it did in the same period last year, according Recode. I get the sense that Google is pulling away from IBM Cloud, but still trails Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services by wide (and perhaps growing) margins…
5. MSP Momentum?:Commvault says it has started the fiscal year with “strong customer momentum” — particularly with MSPs. Still, the company faces intense competition from a range of companies — including Veeam and Datto, just to name two.
3. RMM-Security Integration:Ninja MSP and Webroot have deepened the integration between their RMM (remote monitoring and management) and security offering to include DNS Protection. Webroot partners with multiple RMM companies. Ninja, launched by several PacketTrap and Dell employees, has been in growth mode. Webroot, meanwhile, just launched a certification program for its VAR and MSP partners.
2. Cloud Help Wanted: CompTIA is seeking beta testers for a new version of its CompTIA Cloud+ exam.