5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 23 May 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, May 23, 2018.
Actually, there are 20 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
20. Momentum: HP Enterprise’s Q2 2018 revenues rose 10 percent to $7.5 billion, which beat Wall Street’s expectations.
19. Distribution – Cisco: Tech Data has launched a Cisco 1Source portal, a digital platform and suite of APIs that enable channel partners to customize business processes to make the best use of their resources and systems, the companies say.
18. Distribution – for Sale?: Several Chinese groups, including Huarong Asset Management, have been in discussions this year to buy Ingram Micro from HNA Group as the once-acquisitive conglomerate continues its efforts to retrench, according to sources with knowledge of the talks, Reuters reports. However, HNA has “no plans or intention to sell Ingram” and has great confidence in the company’s prospects for continuing strong growth, a spokeswoman for the group told Reuters late on Monday.
17. Partnerships – Zerto: At this week’s ZertoCON 2018 conference in Boston, Zerto unveiled an IT Resilience Platform. The offering empowers partners and customers to “build resilient, always-on businesses with backup, disaster recovery and cloud mobility converged in a single, simple, scalable platform.” Meanwhile, Navisite announced four business continuity and disaster recovery (BCDR) client wins as part of the client momentum resulting from its strategic partnership with Zerto, the companies say.
16. Partner Program: Pure Storage unveiled a new partner program with new tiers, more partner enablement and training services, the all flash array storage company says. Pure remains committed to a 100 percent channel business model. CEO Charles Giancarlo earlier this week hinted that the partner program updates were on the way. The official announcement surfaced yesterday at the Pure Storage Accelerate 2018 conference in San Francisco.
15. Cloud ERP on Microsoft Azure: Epicor Software’s cloud ERP platforms will be available worldwide on Microsoft Azure, the companies have confirmed.
14. Cloud BI on AWS: Information Builders is now a Consulting Partner in the AWS Partner Network (APN), and one of the first independent software vendors to subscribe to AWS Managed Services. For customers and partners, the Information Builders Cloud – Powered by AWS is now available.
13. Business Continuity Part One: Cloud services provider OVH is expanding its Veeam relationship from Europe to the United States. As one of the largest cloud partners in the EMEA region, OVH has been recognized in France as a Veeam Cloud Provider of the Year for two consecutive years. The relationship extends further with OVH US last week attending VeeamON 2018 in Chicago as a silver sponsor, and working closely with Veeam to continue to enhance the OVHcloud business continuity solutions, the companies say.
12. Business Continuity Part Two: Pivot3 has expanded its Intelligent Hybrid Cloud to bring workload mobility and disaster recovery capabilities to customers across AWS, Azure and Google.
11. WaaS: CloudJumper, a Workspace as a Service (WaaS) platform provider, has launched Streaming App Services. The offering allows ISVs and ASPs to offer cloud-enabled applications to business customers.
Continue to page two of two for items 10 to 1 today.