5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 21 August 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, August 21, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. M&A – IT Consulting & School Automation: Public Consulting Group (PCG) has acquired Script, a software platform for schools.
3. M&A – Partner Relationship Management (PRM): Impartner has acquired Amplifinity, a referral partner management software platform provider.
4. MSP Threat Monitoring: RocketCyber, a threat monitoring platform for MSP, has announced general availability of Defender Manager, a multi-tenant command-and-control app for Microsoft Defender.
5. MSPs – RMM Two-Factor Authentication: Pulseway, a provider of RMM (remote monitoring and management) software, has enhanced its two-factor authentication capabilities to help MSPs lock down their IT environments.A growing number of MSP software providers are introducing or enhancing two-factor authentication capabilities to help block credential theft and reduce the risk of ransomware attacks.
6. Security Operations Center for MSPs: Continuum has opened a new security operations center (SOC) in Pittsburgh. The SOC, part of Continuum’s global cybersecurity defense system for MSPs, offers managed detection and response (MDR), and 24×7 monitoring. Tyrone Smith, a FedEx supply chain information security advisor, leads the Pittsburgh SOC operations. Continuum will offer tours of the SOC during its Navigate19 conference in Pittsburgh this October. A separate conference is planned for Las Vegas.
7. Managed Database Services: DigitalOcean has introduced Managed Databases for MySQL and Redis, the most popular open-source relational and in-memory databases, respectively.
8. Box Security: Box has announced Box Shield, a set of new content security controls and intelligent threat detection capabilities for the content management and file sharing platform. Built natively into Box, Box Shield helps prevent accidental data leakage, detects potential access misuse, and proactively identifies relevant threats, the company says. Box Shield is in private beta and will become generally available in the fall of 2019.
9. Top 50 SaaS CEOs 2019: They’re listed here.
10. IT Asset Discovery: SolarWinds has launched SolarWinds Discovery, a SaaS-based to help organizations discover, map, and manage their software and hardware assets, and improve their service delivery, the company says.
11. Intel Artificial Intelligence Chip: Intel on Tuesday unveiled its latest processor that will be its first using artificial intelligence (AI) and is designed for large computing centers. The chip, developed at its development facility in Haifa, Israel, is known as Nervana NNP-I or Springhill and is based on a 10 nanometer Ice Lake processor that will allow it to cope with high workloads using minimal amounts of energy, Reuters reports.
12. Data Protection: Acronis has released Acronis True Image 2020, a new version of its personal cyber protection solution. The update enables users to automatically replicate local backups in the cloud.
14. Research – State of the WAN: SD-WAN provider Aryaka’s third-annual State of the WAN research report findings are here.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Consulting – Google Cloud Platform: DXC Technology has signed a strategic partnership to help customers deploy Google Cloud Platform. Under terms of the relationship, Google Cloud joins the DXC Partner Network as a strategic partner.
2. Data Protection: Keepit A/S, a provider of cloud-to-cloud backup and Data Loss Prevention solutions, has inked a global partnership with German hybrid backup and disaster recovery specialists SEP. The deal calls for Keepit A/S to provide cloud services to SEP’s global enterprise clients.
3. Ingram Micro-ServiceNow Integration: Ingram Micro Commerce & Lifecycle Services’ ITAD group has received certification of its application with ServiceNow, available in the ServiceNow Store. With the ServiceNow integration, mutual clients can access the same asset information generated by Ingram Micro’s BlueIQ asset tracking system directly from ServiceNow Asset Management.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- VMware VMworld (August 25-29, San Francisco)
- Ingram Micro IoT Summit (September 4-5, Irvine, California)
- SolarWinds Empower MSP (September 4-5, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Taylor Business Group Big Big 2019 Conference (September 12-14, Chicago)
- Oracle OpenWorld 2019 (September 15-19, San Francisco)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].