5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 20 March 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, March 20, 2019.
Actually, there are 15 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
14. Talent – Risk Assessments: AC Global Risk has hired RetailNext veteran Charles A. Ferer as CFO; Infrascale and Kaseya veteran Bill Falk as Chief Revenue Officer; and MindTickle veteran Jules Ehrlich as Chief Product Officer.
13. Talent – Partner Program: Highfive has launched a new partner program led by HP Enterprise veteran Greg Popham. He joined the company earlier this year as VP of global channel sales. Highfive specializes in immersive meeting room experiences and video conferencing.
12. Distribution – File Sharing Security: Ingram Micro has agreed to distribute Votiro Cybersec‘s content disarm and reconstruction (CDR) technology. Votiro’s software protects partners and customers from zero-day and undisclosed file borne attacks.
10. Partner – Google Voice: Poly‘s VVX 250, 350 and 450 OBi Edition phones are the first IP phones certified for Google Voice, the company says. Poly is the new name for the merged Polycom and Plantronics business.
9. Cisco WebEx – Artificial Intelligence: Here’s how your meetings and video conferences could get smarter.
8. Public Cloud Data Migration Tools: 2nd Watch, a Top 100 Public Cloud MSP, has embraced RiverMeadow‘s automated migration service to assist customer data migrations to the public cloud. 2nd Watch has more than 200,000 cloud instances under management.
7. Oracle Cloud Services Customer Support: The technology giant has unveiled a new concierge program called Oracle Modern Customer Experience. The related Advanced Customer Success Services span:
- Business continuity assurance
- Compliance and governance
- Consumption and adoption
- Continuous improvement
- Change management facilitation
Alas, Oracle did not mention if or how Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized members can leverage the services.
5. Managed Services – Xerox & HCL: HCL will offer various managed services to Xerox as part of a seven year, $1.3 billion agreement. An undisclosed number of Xerox employees will transition to HCL, subject to European regulatory approval. Xerox has been mulling additional moves to strengthen its core business, including the potential sale its customer financing business. Meanwhile, HCL has been acquiring IT consulting and services businesses worldwide.
4. Disaster Recovery – Microsoft Active Directory: Quest Software upgraded Quest Recovery Manager for Active Directory (RMAD) Disaster Recovery Edition. The upgrade allows businesses to fully recover and restore from catastrophic events right down to the operating system level, Quest asserts. The upgrade surfaces about a week after Quest unveiled a new partner program for MSPs.
3. Funding – Data Centers: Cologix Inc., the data center provider backed by Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners, is seeking a $500 million equity injection from a new institutional investor, according to Bloomberg.
2. M&A – Data Centers: ScaleMatrix is acquiring Instant Data Centers, which makes ruggedized micro-modular data centers.
1. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs: We’ll unveil the 2019 list during our next webcast. Register now to join us live or to listen on-demand.