5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 17 July 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, July 17, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
2. M&A – Staffing Services: Command Center Inc., a national provider of on-demand and temporary staffing solutions, has completed a merger with Hire Quest Holdings, operating as Trojan Labor and Acrux Staffing, a privately held provider of blue collar, light industrial and administrative staffing services.
3. Talent – Hybrid Cloud Service Provider: IPR Secure has hired Cloudreach veteran Mark Cochran as president and chief operating officer (COO).
4. Automation – Cloud Data Migrations: Cohesity has launched Cohesity Runbook, an “automation design canvas” that allows enterprises to more easily move workloads between on-premises data centers and the public cloud.
5. Education – Machine Learning: Amazon Web Services has launched the DeepRacer Scholarship Challenge from Amazon Web Services (AWS). Top performing students in the DeepRacer League will have the opportunity to earn their way to a full scholarship to the Machine Learning Nanodegree program with Udacity.
6. IBM Earnings: The technology giant’s latest quarterly results will surface after U.S. markets close today. Pundits wonder if IBM’s quarterly revenues will fall yet again. The company just completed its highly publicized Red Hat acquisition, and will seek to put its hybrid cloud strategy in a positive light. Still, today’s earnings results won’t include Red Hat’s revenues since the M&A deal closed after the quarter was completed.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Ingram Micro Startup Competition: Ingram Micro on August 1 will launch its latest Comet Competition, which seeks to find and fund B2B software innovators whose products have clear applications and potential implementations in the channel. The top finalist in each region will receive $100,000 in-kind go-to-market funding. The three runners-ups in each region will be awarded $50,000 in-kind go-to-market funding. The overall competition winner will receive $1,000,000 cash at Cloud Summit 2020.
2. Distribution – Cloud Services: Tech Data has expanded its Cloud Solution Factory with additional click-to-run solutions.
3. IBM Channel Chief: IBM has promoted Carola Cazenave to lead its North America partner ecosystem. She succeeds Dorothy Copeland, who is now global vice president, programs and business development, in the same ecosystem division, CRN reports.
4. IBM-AT&T Strategic Alliance: IBM and AT&T have announced a multi-year partnership involving business application modernization and IBM Cloud services.
5. IoT: Deutsche Telekom and Software AG are partnering to deliver Internet of Things services on a global scale. Specifically, Deutsche Telekom and its enterprise customer unit T-Systems will expand their Cloud of Things offering, using Software AG’s Cumulocity IoT platform, the two companies say.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Microsoft Inspire (July 14-18, Las Vegas)
- Datadog Dash (July 16-17, New York)
- Google Cloud Summit (July 17-18, Chicago)
- CompTIA ChannelCon (August 5-9, Las Vegas)
- VMware VMworld (August 25-29, San Francisco)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].