5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 15 May 2019
Here are technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, May 15, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- What We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
B. Freshly Brewed News
1. Intel MDS Vulnerability: Patches for the newly discovered Intel MDS vulnerability (aka ZombieLoad) are listed here from MSSP Alert.
3. MSP Financing: GreatAmerica Financial Services has launched Life-Cycle Financing — a rather intriguing development for MSPs. Working alongside Cisco, this new financing product is designed to help MSPs add service-related options to their hardware sales, the companies say. Life-Cycle Financing bundles a complete, customer-centric solution that would have previously spread the transaction over multiple agreements and invoices, GreatAmerica asserts,
4. Cloud Services Revenue: Alibaba Cloud services revenues are likely closing in on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) but trailing AWS & Microsoft Azure, according to quarterly results shared today.
5. SaaS Application Performance: Riverbed has announced SaaS Accelerator, a technology that accelerates the performance of SaaS apps, such as Microsoft Office 365, Salesforce, ServiceNow and Box, by up to 10 times. When SaaS Accelerator is combined with End User Experience Monitoring (part of Riverbed’s Digital Experience Management offering), organizations can measure and monitor in real time the performance of SaaS-based enterprise applications, the company claims.
6. Complete IT Monitoring?: New Relic has unveiled New Relic One, a single dashboard for enterprise IT monitoring. The company is best-known for its application performance monitoring (APM) capabilities. But this move strives to give business and technology teams a single dashboard that truly spans applications, infrastructure, and plenty more.
7. Talent – Data Protection: Commvault has hired Riccardo Di Blasio as chief revenue officer. It’s the latest in a growing list of moves designed to shake up the data protection technology provider. Di Blasio has an impressive resume — having held key positions at VMware, Cohesity and DXC Technology. He arrives at Commvault during a key time. New CEO Sanjay Mirchandani shared a three-point plan to grow the company after Commvault disclosed disappointing quarterly financial results in April 2019.
8. CFOs Show Their Value: The best CFO approaches to cost management deliver up to a 7 percentage point return on invested capital premium since 2010, according to recent Gartner Inc. research findings.
9. Generation Z – Career Missteps?: A growing number of candidates are regretting their career decisions, according to Gartner Inc. In 2018, 40% of Gen Z respondents reported that they would not repeat their decision to accept the job offer they had accepted and only 51 percent said they could see themselves having a long career at their organization, Gartner says.
C. Partner Program Updates
1. Lenovo “Channel First” Commitment: The PC, server and data center hardware specialist has announced a Channel First Commitment to partners — a refreshing move that reinforces the company’s renewed commitment to partners. Lenovo around 2017 stumbled with partners but has gradually rebuilt credibility across the ecosystem over the past year or so.
2. AWS and IoT: Metova, a provider of mobile, connected car, connected home and IoT Solutions, is now an Advanced Partner in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network (APN)
3. IoT: Solace has announced an Internet of Things (IoT) Solutions Partner program to accelerate the time to value for enterprises implementing IoT initiatives, the company says.
4. Data Center Connectivity: DC BLOX, a multi-tenant data center provider delivering the infrastructure and connectivity, has launched a Channel Partner program. Key targets include MSPs, VARs, systems integrators and agents in the Southeastern U.S.
5. Cyber Analytics: ExtraHop, provider of enterprise cyber analytics, has announced the new ExtraHop Panorama Partner Program. Key partners include GuidePoint, NetDescribe, Optiv, Presidio, Sirius, Trace 3, World Wide Technology. Technology partners include AWS, Cisco Systems, Microsoft Azure, Phantom, ServiceNow, Splunk.
6. Channel Management: Enterprise channel management specialist Zift Solutions has launched a a strategic partner program called Zift Zone. The program features a marketplace that connects Zift customers to an ecosystem of certified agencies, applications, and service providers.
7. Distribution – Security: Tech Data has agreed to distribute Deep Instinct, a cybersecurity platform that predicts harmful known and unknown cyberattacks, terminates execution and prevents damage from such attacks, the companies say. Tech Data will offer Deep Instinct to partners across the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
8. Distribution – Cloud, Mobile & IoT: Synnex has rebranded its CloudSolv marketplace and community with the unveiling of Stellr. The new brand reflects the need for partners to address the convergence of cloud, mobility and IoT, Synnex asserts.
9. Distribution – Business Social Media: Synnex has agreed to distribute Workplace by Facebook to the IT Channel. It sounds like the first U.S. distribution agreement of its kind.
D. Technology Conferences
- Haystack Connect IoT Conference (May 13-15)
- IoT World 2019 (May 13-16)
- Bosch ConnectedWord IIoT Conference (May 15-16)
- ZertoCon 2019 (May 20-22)
- Most Profitable MSP Services (Webcast – May 23)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.