5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 14 August 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, August 14, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. M&A – Private Equity & IT Solutions Provider: Private equity firm BC Partners has acquired Presidio, a digital & cloud IT solutions provider that partners closely with Cisco Systems, Dell EMC and VMware Cloud on AWS partner.
3. Funding – Cloud Management Services: CloudCheckr has raised $15 million — bringing total funding to $65 million. Level Equity led the round. CloudCheckr’s tools support cloud cost optimization, security, compliance, automation and more.
4. Talent – SaaS Management: BetterCloud has hired Andra Milender as CTO.
5. Digital Experience Monitoring: Catchpoint has expanded its Global Monitoring Network to 825 locations. The network monitors backbone, broadband, cloud, last mile and wireless infrastructure service performance.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Financing and MSPs: Cisco Systems is strengthening its Cisco Capital financing messaging for MSPs. Details are here.
2. Growth – Cloud Distribution: Pax8 ranked number 60 in the latest Inc. 5000 list — which identifies and honors the fastest-growing private companies in the United States. Pax8’s revenue was $42.4 million in 2018, up roughly 4,820 percent over the past three years, Inc. reports.
3. Growth – Distribution: Sandler Partners, a distributor of connectivity, cloud and IT services to telecom agents, has surfaced on the Inc. 5000 list for the 10th consecutive year. The company’s revenue was $90.7 million in 2018, up 126 percent over the past three years.
4. Growth – ServiceNow Consultant: Acorio also landed on the Inc. 5000 list, showing its strength as a ServiceNow consultancy. The company’s revenue was $25.1 million in 2018, up 291 percent over the past three years.
5. Talent – Directory as a Service for MSPs: JumpCloud has hired Rich Zirk as the director of MSP sales. Rich will work closely with Salesforce veteran and JumpCloud VP of Worldwide Sales Toby Yoder.
6. Talent – Technology Services: Nitel has promoted Stacey Clarke to director of partner experience.
7. Partner Program – Data Management and Analytics: Actian, a hybrid data management, analytics and integration company, has launched a new global partner program, targeting resellers, value-added distributors (VADs) and system integrators.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Arrow Technology Summit 2019 (August 14-16, Denver, Colorado)
- VMware VMworld (August 25-29, San Francisco)
- Ingram Micro IoT Summit (September 4-5, Irvine, California)
- SolarWinds Empower MSP (September 4-5, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Taylor Business Group Big Big 2019 Conference (September 12-14, Chicago)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.