5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 12 June 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, June 12, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- What We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. M&A – ServiceNow Partners: It happened again. Another ServiceNow partner has been acquired. Acorio, the largest pure-play ServiceNow consultancy, has acquired BusinessForward, a management consulting firm that helps IT, HR and other corporate leaders derive the most from their Enterprise Service Management (ESM) and Human Capital Management (HCM) investments. We’ll share more details soon.
2. Funding – Cloud Monitoring: SignalFx, a provider of real-time cloud monitoring, has raised $75 million in Series E funding led by Tiger Global Management with participation from existing investors.
3. New Fund – IT Consulting: Global business consultancy Capgemini is launching its first-ever investment fund, with plans to invest up to 90 million euros ($102 million) in early-stage technology companies, Reuters reports.
4. CRM Plus IT Service Desk: Zendesk has introduced Zendesk Duet — which integrates Zendesk Sell and Support together to automate functions between sales and service teams.
5. Expansion – Data Protection: Druva has opened a new global headquarters in Sunnyvale, California. The company’s backup and disaster recovery business is growth roughly 80 percent year over year, and headcount is expected to grow more than 50 percent year-over-year, though actual revenue and staffing figures were not disclosed.
6. RMM – Managed Video Services: Logitech has launched Logitech Sync, a platform for managing video conferencing devices. It provides remote monitoring and management to support thousands of Logitech meeting room devices. We’re checking to see if it’s multi-tenant for MSPs to manage multiple customers from a single dashboard.
7. Talent – MSP Automation: BitTitan, which assists MSPs with managed services automation, has hired Uzma S. Burki as its VP and chief human resources officer.
8. Talent – Business Automation Software: Tigerpaw Software has hired LinkedIn veteran Ben Jackson its new director of sales. Jackson started his first company at the age of 22 and grew it rapidly through five acquisitions and multiple locations in the San Francisco area. He has held executive roles at several other companies, with experience in hospitality, finance and SaaS. Tigerpaw offers business management and PSA (professional services automation) software to IT service providers and technology businesses.
9. Small Business WiFi: Here comes Aruba…
C. Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Education – Cloud Services Undergraduate Degree: Amazon Web Services (AWS) is partnering with George Mason University to offer a four-year degree in cloud services.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Cisco Live 2019 (June 9-13, San Diego, California)
- LiveWorx 2019 Digital Transformation (June 10-13, Boston, Massachusetts)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Explore 2019 (June 13-15, Orlando, Florida)
- DattoCon19 (June 17-19, San Diego, California)
- HP Enterprise Discover (June 18-20, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].