5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 08 May 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, May 8, 2019.
Actually, there are 12 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
11. Distribution – Server Performance: Ingram Micro has agreed to distribute Xilinx new Alveo data center accelerator cards portfolio to channel partners throughout the United States. Xilinx technology, married with industry standard servers, improve the performance of such data center applications as machine learning inference, video processing, genomics and data analytics, the companies say.
10. Distribution – SOC as a Service: Synnex has introduced new offerings for security, networking, and UCC partners in a continued effort to address digital transformation in the IT Channel. The effort includes a new SOC as a Service solution — though Synnex didn’t disclose the technology provider’s name. Alternative: Synnex rival Ingram Micro offers SOC as a Service solutions from Arctic Wolf Networks and Digital Hands. Multiple vendors are striving to become the de-facto SOCaaS provider to MSPs, but no clear leader has emerged.
9. Partnership – Data Protection & HCI: Commvault Complete Backup and Recovery now integrates data protection for Nutanix Files 3.5. Details surfaced at the Nutanix .NEXT conference. Both Commvault and Nutanix have hit financial speed bumps in their most recent fiscal quarters.
8. Partner Program – VMware Cloud on AWS: The latest details are here.
7. Partner Program – Database Monitoring: SentryOne, which develops database performance monitoring solutions says Adatis, Ashlin Technology Solutions, Miracle, Olsen Consulting, and Proactive A/S are the latest companies to join the firm’s SentryOne Global Partner Network.
6. Artificial Intelligence – Salesforce Financial Applications: Salesforce has unveiled Einstein Analytics for Financial Services, a customizable analytics solution that provides AI-augmented business intelligence for wealth advisors, retail bankers and managers.
5. Financial Results – Zix: The email security provider recently disclosed Q1 2019 financial results. Among the key metrics:
- Revenue increased 76% to $29.3 million.
- Standalone Zix revenue (which excludes revenue from the AppRiver acquisition, which closed on February 20, 2019) increased 10% to $18.4 million.
- Total overall organic revenue growth across Zix and AppRiver was 14%.
During an earnings call, Zix CEO David Wagner was upbeat about the recent AppRiver acquisition — which features relationships with several thousands MSPs.
4. Apple Device Management – Schools: Apple device management expert Jamf has launched multiple products and services — Jamf Pro, Jamf Connect and Jamf School — to help schools succeed with their Apple devices.
3. U.S. Cybersecurity – State By State Analysis: Mississippi, Louisiana, California, Alaska, and Connecticut are the riskiest states in the U.S.A. based on consumer preparedness for cyberattacks, according to a new report from Webroot and Wakefield Research.
2. Layoffs – Office Depot & CompuCom: Here’s why.
1. Live Bogs: Our coverage of key IT conferences continues with these updates…
- Kaseya Connect IT Global 2019 conference news and analysis
- ServiceNow Knowledge 2019 conference news and analysis