5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 06 March 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, March 6, 2019.
Actually, there are 10 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
10. Microsoft Desktop Managed Services: Microsoft’s managed desktop service now supports third-party PCs such as HP and Dell…
9. Cloud Storage – Cost Management: N2WS, a Veeam company, has launched N2WS Backup & Recovery 2.5 (v2.5), which introduces Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) and Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) resource management and control. The benefit for customers: Organizations can lower costs by stopping or hibernating groups of Amazon EC2 and Amazon RDS resources on-demand or automatically, based on a pre-determined schedule, N2WS says.
8. MSP Software: Atera has upgraded its remote monitoring and management, professional services automation and remote access platform, while also migrating the platform to Microsoft Azure.
7. Talent: Tigerpaw Software, the PSA and business automation software provider, has hired West McDonald as VP of business development.
6. IT Service Management: ServiceNow has enhanced its Now Platform with native mobile enterprise capabilities in the Madrid Release. Partners and customers can “route requests and fix issues on the go and get help where you are, all with a thumb swipe on your phone,” the company says.
5. Funding – Field Service Management Funding: Zinier, which is striving to automate field service management, has raised $22 million in a series B round of funding led by Accel, with participation from Qualcomm Ventures, NGP Capital, Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund, and France’s Newfund.
4. M&A – Data Centers: Canadian data center operator Cologix has acquired Montreal-based infrastructure provider Metro Optic, DataCenterDynamics reports.
2. Rackspace Business Evolution: All the details surfaced here this morning.
1. RSA Conference 2019 Live Blog: Track complete conference news and analysis here on MSSP Alert, our sister site. Send me your RSA Conference news (Joe@AfterNines.com) for consideration. Sorry, but my schedule is fully booked at the show.