5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 04 September 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, September 4, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. SolarWinds Empower MSP: Our live coverage from the conference is here.
2. M&A – MSP: Strategic Micro Systems has acquired Business Technology LLC (BLT) of Connecticut.
3. M&A – Monitoring Software: Splunk is acquiring Omnition, a stealth-mode startup focused on Omnition, a stealth-mode SaaS company that develops distributed monitoring across microservices applications.
4. M&A – Data Protection: Commvault is acquiring software-defined storage (SDS) provider Hedvig for $225 million. The acquisition comes at a key time for Commvault, which has undergone executive leadership changes in the past year.
5. Activist Investor Targets Box: Starboard Value LP has acquired a 7.5 percent stake in Box Inc., putting additional pressure on a software maker that has struggled to accelerate sales and become more profitable, Bloomberg reports.
6. Talent – Data Protection and Security: Carbonite continues to search for a permanent CEO. But the company continues to march forward after recently acquiring Webroot. Among the updates: A combined executive team that includes:
- John Post as Chief Operating Officer;
- Chad Bacher as Chief Product Officer;
- Hal Lonas as Chief Technology Officer; and
- Scott Semel as Interim General Counsel.
The team joins:
- Anthony Folger, Chief Financial Officer; and
- Craig Stilwell, Chief Revenue Officer.
The executives report to Steve Munford, Interim Chief Executive Officer and Executive Chairman of the Board.
- Mark Clayman, former CEP of TriCore Solutions (acquired by Rackspace in 2017), has been named CEO.
- Gina Murphy, former SVP and GM of application services at Rackspace, will serve as RDX’s president and COO.
- Art Green, also formerly with TriCore Solutions, will take on the role of CFO.
8. Funding – Government Cloud Services: OpenGov, a Redwood City, Calif.-based provider of enterprise cloud solutions for government, raised $51 million in Series D funding.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Distribution: Ingram Micro has agreed to distribute OPAQ’s network security and cloud platform.
2. HNA Debt: Ingram Micro parent HNA Group has seen its cash drop dramatically amid continued rumors about an investor potentially stepping in to acquire the majority of Ingram Micro, Bloomberg reports. Ingram Micro itself continues to perform well, according to the distributor’s ongoing financial statements.
3. IT Service Management: Prevolution has agreed to deploy and support EasyVista’s service management and information management product suite.
4. Payment Automation: Dwolla has launched a partner ecosystem for ACH transfer services. The Dwolla Partner Ecosystem will provide access to service providers for international payments, bank verification, development resources and much more.
5. Technology Services – EMEA: CenturyLink has expanded its global Channel Partner Program in EMEA. The company’s solutions include networking, security, hybrid cloud and IT, voice and unified communications, and managed services and IT consulting.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Ingram Micro IoT Summit (September 4-5, Irvine, California)
- SolarWinds Empower MSP (September 4-5, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Taylor Business Group Big Big 2019 Conference (September 12-14, Chicago)
- Oracle OpenWorld 2019 (September 15-19, San Francisco)
- IT Glue GlueX 2019 (September 15-17, Phoenix)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.