5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 03 October 2018
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, October 3, 2018.
Actually, there are 11 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
11. Talent: Cisco Systems security veteran David Ulevitch has joined venture capital firm Andreessen Horowtiz as a partner.
10. Talent: Digital Ocean has hired Mike Cristinziano as senior VP of strategy and corporate development. Previously, Cristinziano was VP of strategic development at Citrix Systems for 14 years, responsible for mergers and acquisitions, venture capital investments, and investor relations.
9. Distribution: Tech Data has launched a company blog to help partners navigate IT market shifts and emerging business trends.
8. Backup – AWS Marketplace: Cloud Daddy Secure Backup 1.2, available the AWS Marketplace, features a Disaster Recovery Orchestration Dashboard. The dashboard allows partners and customers to see the backup and replications contained within AWS regions, anywhere in the world they may exist, the company says. Cloud Daddy specifically mentioned N2WS (recently acquired by Veeam) and CloudRanger (recently acquired by Druva) as key rivals.
7. Partner Program: A new Magna5 Partner App for cloud, unified communications (UCaaS) and managed IT services has surfaced for agents, VARs and solutions providers
6. MacOS Monitoring: Addigy now supports macOS Mojave, Apple’s latest generation operating system.
5. Data Center Migrations: Rackspace has unveiled a “Breaking Away From Data Center Management” campaign, which is designed to speed customer migrations toward managed and public cloud services. The move comes as Rackspace continues to diversify its managed cloud services ahead of a potential company IPO.
4. M&A – Six MSPs Acquired: Actually, the deals also involve IT solutions providers and MSSPs. Here’s a look at the six buyers and sellers…
3. M&A – MSP Valuation Revealed: Computacenter of Europe has acquired FusionStorm of the United States, uniting two major IT solutions providers that have cloud and managed services expertise, the companies disclosed today. ChannelE2E believes the deal’s valuation is roughly 7.4 times EBITDA. We’ll share the deal’s math soon.
2. Splunk Conference: Track live coverage here, with more Splunk.conf 2018 news and analysis set to surface later today.
1. Top 100 Public Cloud MSPs for AWS, Azure: See the list and get the research. Register now for our October webcast.