5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 03 July 2019
Here ere are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, July 3, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. M&A – Data Protection & Storage: StorCentric, parent company of Drobo, Nexsan and Retrospect, has acquired Vexata — the buyer’s fourth acquisition in less than a year. Vexata’s flagship product portfolio is the NVMe flash storage system.
2. M&A – Mac IT Management Market?: Private equity firm KKR apparently acquired Corel & Parallels, setting the stage for more buyouts involving Apple macOS productivity & management applications.
3. M&A – Broadcom Buying Symantec?: The rumor sounds credible…
4. Managed Database as a Service: RavenDB Cloud has unveiled a managed hosting service for NoSQL databases.
5. Talent – Managed Services: Immedion a data center, cloud and managed services provider, has hired Brandon Myers as VP of managed services.
6. Crisis Management – Internet Outage: A bug at CloudFlare caused a massive Internet outage yesterday. Instead of dancing around the issue, CEO Matthew Price stepped up to the microphone, explained what went wrong and apologized for the issue. The move likely earned CloudFlare some forgiveness and some wiggle room as the company tries to regain trust with partners and customers.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Talent – Digital Economy Training: Accenture, Cisco Systems and Quest Alliance are teaming to equip 1.5 million youth across India with skills for the digital economy, the companies claim.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Microsoft Inspire (July 14-18, Las Vegas)
- IT By Design Build IT (July 14-16, Jersey City, New Jersey)
- Datadog Dash (July 16-17, New York)
- CompTIA ChannelCon (August 5-9, Las Vegas)
- VMware VMworld (August 25-29, San Francisco)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.