5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 03 April 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, April 3, 2019.
Actually, there are 19 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
19. Careers and Training – Artificial Intelligence: Microsoft and OpenClassrooms are partnering to train and prepare students for artificial intelligence (AI) jobs in the workplace. As part of the effort, OpenClassrooms will recruit 1,000 promising candidates throughout France, the United Kingdom, and the U.S. for training…
18. Channel Partner Management: Zift Solutions has launched ZiftONE, a channel partner program management platform for technology companies.
17. Partner Program – Project Management: KeyedIn has launched a new worldwide channel partner program and portal called PartnerUp.
16. Huawei 5G Networks – U.S. Perspectives: United States national security officials are planning for a future in which the Chinese firm Huawei Technologies will have a major share of the advanced global telecommunications market, and have begun to think about how to thwart potential espionage and disruptive cyberattacks enabled by interconnected networks, according to The Washington Post.
15. Dell EMC Servers: The technology giant has launched a range of new products.
14. Lenovo Server Launches: Lenovo has launched multiple products and services for data center customers. Among the highlights, according to the company:
- Lenovo’s ThinkSystem SR950 claims to be the market’s first eight socket server with Intel Optane DC Persistent Memory;
- Lenovo claims to be the first vendor to leverage Optane memory on a SAP HANA workload;
- Lenovo ThinkShield security solutions now extend to all dimensions of data center products – from development, to supply chain and through the full lifecycle of the device, the company says.
- Lenovo, Intel and Kx together are promoting solutions for the financial services market.Kx develops a high-performance database for analytics and other use cases.
- Partners and customers can leverage Lenovo TruScale, a consumption-based, as-a-service offering.
13. Linux – SUSE Upgrades: During this week’s SUSECON conference, the Linux provider announced several new offerings. The key developments include:
- New hybrid- and multi-cloud capabilities involving SUSE OpenStack Cloud 9 and SUSE Cloud Application Platform 1.4.
- Container-focused developments: SUSE is now a Kubernetes Certified Service Provider, the company says.
- Ongoing developments with Intel
- Continued worked on the SAP HANA partnership.
11. Cloud Revenue Growth: Public cloud revenues are growing about 17.5 percent globally, Gartner says. Still, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure seem to be extending their lead over established and upstart rivals…
Continue to page two of two for today’s items 10 to 1.