5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 02 October 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, October 2, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s Brew
1. Marketing Scam Targets MSPs?: Concerns are swirling about an alleged marketing scam impacting MSPs. ChannelE2E has not independently confirmed the concerns or the issues raised in that thread.
2. Continuum Navigate Conference News – Day 2: Track our live blog updates here.
4. Talent – Riverbed CEO: Paul Mountford has resigned from Riverbed to take another position in the industry. Blue Coat veteran David Murphy has been named interim CEO until a permanent successor can be found.
5. Talent – IT Services Provider: Tech II Business Services of Saratoga Springs, New York, has hired Josh Koons as director of new business development. His background includes expertise in Fortinet, StorageCraft, and VMware.
6. Europe – IT and Culture Concerns: The European Union’s executive branch has warned that Europe is placing its core values, culture and strategic influence at risk due to an over reliance on computer hardware and software provided by other countries, Bloomberg reports.
B. Help Wanted – ChannelE2E Industry Job Board
- MSP Sales Executive (SolarWinds MSP, Calgary)
- VP of Professional Services (Kaseya, Miami)
- Director of Sales Operations (Datto, Connecticut)
- See all jobs on ChannelE2E’s free industry job board
- Bonus: Submit a career opportunity to our job board
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
2. Distribution – Headquarters: D&H Distributing has moved its long-time US headquarters into a new, two-building, 50-acre campus with more than 240,000 square feet of office space, featuring 77 percent greater capacity compared to its former location.
4. Distribution – SOC as a Service: Ingram Micro has agreed to distribute ISA Cybersecurity‘s Security Operations Center as a Service (SOCaaS) options in Canada. ISA also has an Infinity Partner Program.
5. Talent – Distribution: ScanSource has hired CA Technologies veteran John Eldh as chief revenue officer.
6. Talent – ServiceNow EMEA: ServiceNow has named Sebastian Fitzjohn as VP, Alliances & Channel Ecosystem, Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
7. Partner Program – Serverless Technologies: Stackery has launched the Stackery Partner Program for companies focused on AWS serverless applications.
8. Partner Program: Resolve Systems, an IT automation and orchestration platform, has launched a formalized global partner program for distributors, VARs, MSPs, systems integrators (SIs) and consulting partners. Also, the company has named Russell Eddleman as VP, global channel and alliances.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Box BoxWorks 2019 (September 30-October 4, San Francisco)
- Cherwell Clear 2019 (September 30-October 3, Nashville, Tennessee)
- Kaseya Connect IT Asia-Pacific (October 2-4, Sydney, Australia)
- Synnex Inspire (October 2-4, Greenville, South Carolina)
- 4u2grow Marketopia Conference (October 9-11, Clearwater Beach, Florida)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.