5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 30 July 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, July 30, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. IT Asset Management – Free Service: Qualys is making its Global IT Asset Discovery and Inventory app available to all businesses for free.
2. Funding – Compliance as a Service: CyberSmart has raised £1.3 million in new financing led by IQ Capital, after two years in stealth mode. The compliance as a service provider already works with more than 200 MSPs and resellers.
3. Diversity Platform: Kanarys, which develops a technology platform that fosters collaboration between companies and employees on diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in the workplace, has emerged from stealth mode.
4. Commvault Financial Results: The data protection provider’s first quarter of fiscal 2020 results included:
- Revenue of $162.2 million, down from $176.2 million in the corresponding quarter last year.
- A net loss of $6.8 million, smaller than the $8.5 million net loss in the corresponding quarter last year.
The results fell short of Wall Street’s expectations. However, Commvault CEO Sanjay Mirchandani told investors that the company has made substantial progress in its efforts to simplify and improve execution. Key milestones include several new hires and a new partner program, he asserts.
5. Uber Layoffs: The ride-hailing service has cut about 400 employees from its marketing department ahead of an anticipated August 8 quarterly earnings report.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Google Cloud Platform and VMware: Google and VMware are partnering more deeply on the cloud, but Amazon Web Services (AWS) is still widely considered VMware’s closest public cloud partner.
3. Talent – Channel Chief: Peerless Network, a provider of telecommunications services, has hired Check Point Software and Ingram Micro veteran Ryan Patterson as VP of channel sales.
4. Talent – Business Process Automation: Nintex has named Michael Schultz as VP of product, channel and field marketing; and Florian Haarhaus as VP of sales for Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
Next Five Technology Conferences
- CompTIA ChannelCon (August 5-9, Las Vegas)
- VMware VMworld (August 25-29, San Francisco)
- Taylor Business Group Big Big 2019 Conference (September 12-14, Chicago)
- IT Glue GlueX 2019 (September 15-17, Phoenix)
- Oracle OpenWorld 2019 (September 15-19, San Francisco)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.