5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 28 August 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, August 28, 2018.
Actually, there are 13 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
12. Dell Technologies Concerns: Dell’s proposed return to public markets is not a done deal. Some Dell investors have concerns about the company’s financial plan for the move, and those concerns are weighing on VMware — one of Dell’s big investments, The Wall Street Journal says.
11. Huawei Patent Verdict: An Eastern District of Texas jury decided Monday that Huawei willfully infringed five wireless and video patents once assigned to Ericsson and Panasonic, finding the Chinese smartphone maker liable for $10.6 million in damages, Law360 reports.
10. Partner Program – Cloud Services: OVHcloud has launched a partner program for MSPs, resellers, system integrators and system outsourcers (SISO) that want to offer Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
9. Business Continuity: Data as a service provider Actifio now integrates with IBM Resiliency Orchestration software, boosting the company’s disaster recovery capabilities for recovery from cyber outages.
8. Desktop as a Service: itopia, which offers virtual desktop automation, has upgraded its platform to deliver and manage Windows- or Linux-based virtual graphics workstations via Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
7. Multi-Cloud Services: Panzura has launch the Vizion.ai SaaS platform for multi-cloud data management.
6. Data Center Management: NetZoom Enterprise, a data center infrastructure management (DCIM) solution, us now available.
5. M&A – Data Governance: erwin has acquired metadata management and data governance provider AnalytiX DS (ADS). The overall erwin software portfolio helps data scientists, enterprise architects and business analysts to accelerate the transformation of data into accurate and actionable business insights, the company says.
3. Private Equity M&A – Government MSP: Arlington Capital Partners has acquired the Government Solutions division of Black Box Corp. Going forward, the business will operate independently as Tyto Athene — positioned as a full-service systems integrator and MSP for communications systems. The company supports Department of Defense and Civilian agency enterprise operations worldwide.
2. M&A – AWS Partner Acquired: Onica has acquired TriNimbus Technologies, a DevOps specialist and Canada’s first Premier Consulting Partner in the AWS Partner Network (APN). We’ll share more details soon.
1. Top 50 MSPs for AWS/Top 50 MSPs for Azure: Participate in the survey here and potentially earn honors for your MSPs. Plus: Get the honoree lists and see the research by attending our next ChannelE2E webcast. Register now.