5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 26 September 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, September 26, 2017.
Actually, there are 19 (oh my) timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
19. HP Inc. 3D Printing: HP Inc. says its 3D printing business is gaining customer and partner momentum. Among the key milestones: New European customers include Danfoss Group, ETH Zurich, Jaguar-Land Rover, KTM and The Manufacturing Technology Center. Also, Henkel, is set to become the first global reseller of HP Jet Fusion solutions. So far, HP’s 3D printing reseller program has attracted more than 30 selected, trained and certified partners in Europe. The company made the announcements during TCT Show 2017, a conference in the UK. HP Inc. did not disclose revenue figures or financial milestones related to the 3D printer wins.
18. HP Enterprise vs. Shareholder Activists?: Keep a close eye on an HP Enterprise shareholder meeting set for October 18. At least four activist groups are expected to press HPE for info on the company’s strategic plan. HPE’s latest quarterly results exceeded Wall Street’s expectations, but critics think the company remains far too dependent on hardware sales. Among the items at issue: How HPE potentially plans to spend its $7 billion war chest…
17. Enterprise Chat: Zoho today unveiled Cliq, a chat software platform that blends instant messaging with video, audio, and group conferencing to create a unified communications system for organizations of any size. Cliq, which is free but jumps to $2 per user per month for certain features, is available immediately as a web application; a native application for Mac, Windows and Linux; and mobile apps for iOS, Android and Windows Phone.
16. Dell EMC Talent: Virtustream Channel Chief Scott Millard will soon leap to parent company Dell EMC, where he will lead the storage channel efforts, CRN reported. Virtustream is Dell EMC’s specialized infrastructure as a service (IaaS) business, which zeros in on specific managed workloads (like SAP) in the cloud.
15. Data Center Talent: 1547 Datacenters has hired industry veteran John Bonczek as president. He previously was VP of sales at Digital Realty.
14. Data Center Investments: If Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform are killing traditional on-premises data centers and co-location facilities, then why are investors set to attend a major Data Center Investment Conference later this week in Chicago?
13. Startup Partner Program: 128 Technology, a venture-backed startup that positions itself as the Secure Vector Routing company, has launched the 128 Technology Solution Partner Program. Brian Norris, VP of solution partners, is driving the program.
12. Red Hat Momentum: Red Hat‘s quarterly revenue surged 21 percent to $723 million in Q2 2018, the company disclosed yesterday. The company’s application development and emerging technology business efforts saw 40 percent growth — proving that Red Hat has successfully evolved beyond its Linux roots.
11. New Initiative: PacketFabric has launched a partner program for its software definite networking (SDN) platform. Chris Teeluck is driving the effort.
But wait. There’s more. See items 10 to 1 on page two.