5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 23 October 2018
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, October 23, 2018.
Actually, there are seven timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
10. Xerox Earnings: Xerox revenues fell 5.8 percent $2.35 million in the company’s Q3 ended September 30. Still, earnings beat analyst expectations. Recent turbulence at the printer company include the scuttled merger with Fujifilm, and management turnover driven by shareholder activist Carl Icahn.
9. Analytics: SentryOne has unveiled Tableau Report Pack for SentryOne Monitoring, which allows data managers to use Tableau Software analytics platform to view and analyze monitoring data for SQL Server, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), and Azure SQL databases.
7. Data Protection: Rackspace has broadened its existing Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) for on-premises, colocation and multi-cloud environments. The effort, leveraging Zerto’s DR software, includes Rackspace managed services for all aspects of disaster recovery planning, testing and management. Rackspace ranks among the world’s Top 100 Public Cloud MSPs, according to ChannelE2E research.
6. Managed Print Services: Lexmark has unveiled Lexmark Cloud Services, which allows partners to remotely manage customer printers. The offering includes cloud print management, fleet management, analytics and document management capabilities. The platform emerges as Channel Chief Sammy Kinlaw strives to boost recurring revenue opportunities for Lexmark partners.
5. Public Cloud Revenues: Microsoft has an excellent chance to approach $7.5 billion in Q3 cloud revenue while Amazon is likely to flirt with $6.9 billion in the quarter, according to Bob Evans, of Evans Strategic Communications.
4. Alibaba Cloud In Europe: Chinese cloud giant Alibaba has launched two data centers in London. Alibaba has also been exploring a more formal relationship with BT — the massive European service provider. Overall, the Alibaba Cloud business is growing fast but losing money.
3. Talent: Two key executive moves involve:
- The 20, an MSP community and platform provider, has hired Crystal McFerran as senior VP of channel marketing. She previously held key roles at Velo IT Group, Roland Technology Group, Cytracom and HP.
- Powernet, a woman-owned full-service technology provider, has named Penny Thurnau as VP of strategic alliances.
2. Partner Training: Extreme Networks has launched Extreme Dojo, an online training program for global partners.
1. How to Reach $5 Million Annual Recurring Revenues: We’ll share the tips during our next ChannelE2E webcast. Register now.