5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 22 October 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, October 22, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Hot Today
1. ConnectWise IT Nation Connect Preview: Here’s what MSPs should expect at the conference…
2. Talent – Cloud MSP: Cloudreach, a Top 100 Public Cloud MSP, has hired Datto and LiveAction veteran Brooks Borcherding as COO.
3. Talent – Google G-Suite: A Microsoft veteran is now leading Google’s SaaS business…
4. M&A – IT Staffing and Services: ASGN has acquired Intersys Consulting for $67.0 million in cash.
5. Private Equity – Data Center Services: AMP Capital is acquiring Expedient (aka Continental Broadband,) from Landmark Media.
6. M&A – Cloud Data Migrations: Microsoft has acquired Mover — a platform that helps partners to migrate data into Office 365.
7. Cloud Management: Extreme Networks has launched ExtremeCloud IQ, an end-to-end cloud management application that leverages machine learning and artificial intelligence, the company says.
9. SOCaaS for MSPs: Here are 20 Security Operations Center as a Service (SOCaaS) options for MSPs and MSSPs.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Talent – Data Security: Ubiq Security has hired SonicWall, FireEye and Juniper Networks veteran Steve Pataky to drive a new partner program focused on MSSPs and data security partners.
2. Splunk Partner Program: The company’s latest partner program details are here.
3. Distribution – Government IT Solutions: Synnex has been awarded a new GSA Schedule 70 contract — essentially making it easier for Synnex’s government-focused resellers to do business in the vertical market.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- DattoCon 2019 Paris (October 21-23, France)
- Splunk .conf19 (October 21-24, Las Vegas)
- Vision 2019: The 20 Conference for MSPs (October 27-29, Dallas, Texas)
- NetApp Insight 2019 (October 28-30, Las Vegas)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Connect 2019 (October 30-November 1, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].