Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, November 21, 2017.
Actually, there are 17 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
17. Last Trip of 2017: We’re gearing up to attend both Ingram Micro ONE and Amazon AWS re:Invent 2017 next week in Dallas and Las Vegas, respectfully. Special thanks to the more than two-dozen companies and industry leaders who confirmed meetings with ChannelE2E and MSSP Alert during the two events.
16. Net Neutrality: The FCC is preparing to outline a plan that rolls back certain Net Neutrality rules. I’m bracing for a lousy user experience, and can practically feel certain digital vendors reaching into my wallet to give me ‘preferred’ access to selected online services…
14. Server Performance, OpEx Financing: HPE has unveiled the ProLiant DL385 Gen10 server in partnership with AMD, offering up to 50 percent lower cost per virtual machine (VM) than traditional server solutions, the companies claim. And to compete against public cloud services, HPE offers the ProLiant DL385 with “flexible IT consumption models and special financial programs,” the company says…
13. Talent: SD-WAN specialist Talari Networks has hired SonicWall veteran Patrick Sweeney as CEO. Sweeney played a key role in SonicWall’s transition from Dell ownership to private equity ownership — including marketing and branding efforts to bolster the security company’s channel partner engagements.
12. Distribution: Value-added distributor StarLink has agreed to promote Endace, a specialist in high-speed network recording and network history playback, to partners in the EMEA security and IT markets.
11. M&A – Cloud Payments: AvidXchange, a provider of accounts payable and payment automation solutions for midsize companies, has acquired Ariett, a cloud solution provider in the purchase-to-pay market.
But wait. There’s more. Continue to page two of two for items 10 to 1.