5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 21 May 2019
Here are technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, May 21, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- What We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News
1. How to Make Money From Managed Security Services: We’ll cover that and more during our ChannelE2E webcast this Thursday. Register now to join us.
2. U.S. vs. Huawei: The United States has temporarily eased trade restrictions on China’s Huawei, and countries such as France have weighed in with updated perspectives. Check our ongoing coverage of Huawei — including a list of countries and companies, and their stance on the China-based company.
3. Citrix Monitoring: eG Innovations, a provider of digital workspace and Citrix monitoring solutions, has launched eG Enterprise Cloud – a SaaS solution for end-to-end Citrix performance monitoring and analytics.
4. Cloud Partnership – Desktop as a Service: Google and Citrix Systems have expanded their partnership with the launch of Citrix Workspace with Machine Creation Services (MCS) support for Google Cloud. The service allows partners and customers to manage VM provisioning, standardize images and manage patches in an automated way, while taking advantage of the full range of VM benefits on GCP such as custom machine types, the companies say.
5. Top 10 IT Outsourcing Service Providers: Here’s the 2019 list, according to Everest Group.
6. MSP of the Year: Kaseya has named Thrive as its MSP of the Year. The award recognizes MSPs for their excellence in high customer satisfaction scores and retention, efficiency automation, fastest growth, high profits, high employee retention and commitment to tech professional development. Thrive, a Top 100 Vertical Market MSP backed by private equity funding, has been growing organically and via acquisitions. Recent buyouts include InfoHedge (July 2018)
7. Global Expansion: BitTitan is broadening its partnership with Shanghai Blue Cloud Technologies Co., a Microsoft Azure, Office 365 and Dynamics 365 partner in China. Shanghai Blue Cloud’s 21Vianet business will promote BitTitan’s MigrationWiz User Migration Bundle in the Chinese cloud-services market.
8. Talent – Google Cloud Partner: SADA Systems, the reigning Google Cloud Global Partner of the Year, has hired Miles Ward as CTO.Ward joins SADA from Google, where he was Director and Global Lead for Solutions at Google Cloud.
C. Partner Program Updates
1. Partner of the Year – AWS India: Umbrella Infocare, a Noida, India-based AWS Advance Consulting Partner has been awarded AWS Consulting Partner of the year 2019 India. The AWS partner specializes in Migration, Managed services, DevOps and BigData Analytics.
2. Talent – ServiceMax: The company has hired Informatica, Adobe and Cisco veteran Balaji Subramanian as VP of global alliances and channel sales.
4. Help Desk Platforms: Vision Helpdesk, which develops Customer Service Software, has launched a partner program.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- ZertoCon 2019 (May 20-22)
- Citrix Synergy 2019 (May 21-23)
- VeeamOn 2019 (May 21-23)
- Connections 2019 – Connected Home Conference (May 21-23)
- How to Make Money in Managed Security (Webcast – May 23)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].