5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 19 September 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, September 19, 2017.
Actually, there are 12 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look.
12. John Chambers Exits: John Chambers will not stand for reelection as Cisco Systems’ Chairman, allowing CEO Chuck Robbins to take on that role as well. It’s a big deal — both symbolically and strategically. Perhaps I’ll share more thoughts later this week.
10. Office 365 Outage: Microsoft confirmed an Office 365 outage started in Europe on Monday, and it looks like the pain continues on Tuesday, according to an outage map as of Tuesday at 8:09 a.m. ET…
9. Government Clouds: CloudCheckr says its cloud management platform is now available on AWS GovCloud.
8. Compliance: Masergy has launched PCI Compliance Professional Services certification…
7. Application Performance Management: SolarWinds is beta testing AppOptics, a next-generation, cloud-based application performance management (APM) solution. AppOptics is part of SolarWinds’ full-stack management push that counters Cisco AppDynamics, New Relic, Data Dog and other fast-growing APM and infrastructure management providers.
6. ServiceNow Integration: InGenius has integrated telephony with the ServiceNow. The integration allows customers to integrate Avaya and Cisco telephony into their service management system and increase the efficiency of their contact centers, the company claims.
5. Recurring Revenue Payments: Trying to easy recurring revenue payments from your customers? Keep an eye on GoCardless, which has raised $22.5 million to expand its recurring revenue payments service worldwide… PS: Check out ConnectBooster for an MSP- and IT services-centric payment system.
4. M&A: ConvergeOne, a global IT services provider, has received the regulatory and government approvals to acquire Rockefeller Group Technology Solutions (“RGTS”), a Unified Communications as a Service provider based in New York.
3. M&A: ManTech International Corp. is acquiring InfoZen for $180 million in cash in a deal that brings together two government technology contractors with an eye on the IT modernization business, according to Washington Business Journal.
2. Sold Out: Continuum Navigate 2017, the company’s conference for MSP partners and customers, is sold out. It’s safe to expect Continuum to preview or launch a new security operations center (SOC) for MSPs at the October conference, MSSP Alert believes.
1. Autotask Community Live: Our live coverage from the conference continues here today.