5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 16 January 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, January 16, 2018.
Actually, there are 15 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
15. M&A – AWS Cloud Backup: Veeam has acquired N2WS for a major push into Amazon Web Services cloud backup.
14. Synnex Buying Ingram Micro?: That was the rumor over the weekend. But the rumor is completely false, according to Ingram’s parent.
13. Pitney Bowes for Sale?: Embattled technology firm Pitney Bowes has launched discussions with buyout firms including Blackstone Group and Carlyle Group, according to a report this week by Bloomberg.
12. Talent – Presidio CFO: Cox Automotive veteran Neil O. Johnston will succeed Paul Fletcher as CFO of Presidio, the well-known IT solutions provider in the midmarket.
11. Partner Programs:
- MicroStrategy, the provider of enterprise analytics and mobility software, has launched a new partner program for 700 channel partners worldwide.
- MicroPact, which develops case management and business process management (BPM) software, has launched an enhanced Global Alliance partner program, VP Barb Huelskamp, a veteran of Jabra, MobileIron and Polycom. is leading the effort.
- Masergy, a provider of hybrid networking, managed security and cloud communications solutions, has promoted William Madison to vice president, global channel development.
- Cradlepoint is shifting its business model from a hardware- to software-first company. The move includes pre-packaged SD-WAN solutions for mobile, branch and IoT deployments. Cradlepoint sells purely through channel partners.
- Continuum, the MSP platform provider, has inked a distribution agreement with Portland Europe to reach the reseller channel throughout the Benelux region. Paul Balkwell, vice president of international sales, is driving the effort.
10. Telco Layoffs: The telecom sector lost about 40,000 jobs in 2017 and may lose 50,000 more in 2018, according to a CIEL HR Services report.
9. Azure Managed Services: Cogeco Peer 1, a global provider of B2B products and services, is adding Managed Microsoft Azure Services to its global cloud portfolio.
8. Cloud Market Share: Microsoft Azure is gaining market share against Amazon Web Services, according to at least one research report…
5. IT Services Rebound?: Infosys Ltd. posted a 38 percent surge in third-quarter profit on a tax benefit and investments in digital technologies as its new CEO maintained forecasts for slowing sales growth, Bloomberg says.
4. MSP Software: Auvik Networks‘ monthly recurring revenue grew 2.6X in Q4 2017 vs. Q4 2016, the network RMM software company said in an email to partners. Moreover, the number of networks under management grew 3.7X in Q4 2017 vs. the corresponding quarter in 2016, the company indicated.
3. M&A – IT Services: PCM’s UK-based subsidiary has acquired Provista Technology Services and its Provista UK subsidiary. Provista UK is works closely with Cisco, Avaya, Cisco Meraki, Huawei, Checkpoint, and other leading vendors, with offerings encompassing all aspects of Cloud Networking, Cloud Video, Hyperconvergence, Security, Collaboration, Secure Wireless and IP LAN, WAN & Data Center Networks.
2. Strategic Investment – MSP: Evergreen Services Group, a family of services businesses, has made an investment in Wolf Consulting LLC — a leading IT services provider in Pittsburgh. CEO Lloyd Wolf, all management and staff continue to drive the company forward. We’ll share more details today.
1. How Much Is Your Business Really Worth?: Find out by joining ChannelE2E’s January 18 webcast. We’ll cover VAR, MSP & CSP valuations; key KPIs to help you increase your company valuation; and the Top 100 M&A deals of 2017. Guest speaker: Service Leadership Inc. CEO Paul Dippell. Register Now.