5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 15 October 2019
by Joe Panettieri • Oct 15, 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, October 15, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Hot Today
1. This Thursday – How I Sold My MSP: Hear from MJ Shoer and Jason Waldrop, as the entrepreneurs describe how they launched, built and sold their MSP businesses. Register now to join our ChannelE2E webcast.
3. M&A – Digital Marketing: Accenture has acquired Sutter Mills, a digital marketing company in France.
4. M&A – Cloud Services Providers: CANCOM Group of Germany has acquired Novosco of Ireland. CANCOM, which employs roughly 3,500 people and has been expanding its cloud services business worldwide, gains roughly 300 people. CANCOM grew 18.7 percent in 2018, though the company didn’t mention whether that figure involved purely organic growth or some M&A revenues.
5. Private Equity – Worker Salaries: Private-equity deals result in worse pay for workers, and, depending on whether the buyout target was public or not, fewer jobs, according to a newly published study from Steven Davis of the University of Chicago, John Haltiwanger of the University of Maryland, Kyle Handley and Ben Lipsius of the University of Michigan, Josh Lerner of Harvard Business School, and Javier Miranda of the Census Bureau, MarketWatch reports. Still, it’s important to understand each private equity deal and the associated context, ChannelE2E notes. Some deals are about aggressive cost-cutting, while others are about long-term investments for growth. Those growth-minded deals often involve talent grabs with healthy compensation plans.
6. Network Audit Software: Opmantek Software has launched Open-AudIT Cloud, a SaaS-based network auditing solution.
7. Backup and Disaster Recovery (BDR) – Cyber Focus: Acronis has unveiled Acronis Cyber Protect, Acronis Cyber Platform and Acronis Cyber Infrastructure. The three solutions will “revolutionize how the industry solves modern data protection and cybersecurity challenges,” Acronis claims. The company’s goal is to make traditional backup and data protection services obsolete.
8. Backup and Disaster Recovery (BDR) – SaaS: Commvault has launched Metallic, a new business division focused on SaaS-based BDR services. The launch is CEO Sanjay Mirchandani‘s latest step to overhaul that data protection company for modern customer and partner needs. Mirchandani joined Commvault earlier this year.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Integration – MSP Software and Office 365 Backup: Dropsuite’s cloud data backup and archiving platform is now available in the ConnectWise Marketplace, and tightly integrates with the business management platform for VARs and MSPs.
2. Talent – Channel Chief: Commvault has hired IBM veteran Mercer Rowe as VP of global channels and alliances. The company has also tapped Cisco veteran Edison Peres as a strategic advisor.
3. Talent – Channel Leader: Poly veteran Wendy Welch has joined Lenovo as senior director of U.S. channel distribution and partner sales.
4. Talent – Global Sales: Aviatrix, a provider of networking and security services for multi-cloud customers, has hired Cisco Systems and Viptela veteran James Winebrenner as senior vice president of worldwide sales.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Acronis Cyber Summit 2019 (October 13-16, Miami Beach, Florida)
- Workday Rising 2019 (October 14-17, Orlando, Florida)
- Commvault Go 2019 (October 14-16, Denver, Colorado)
- Continuum Navigate 2019 (October 15-16, Las Vegas)
- DattoCon 2019 Paris (October 21-23, France)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.