5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 12 March 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, March 12, 2019.
Actually, there are 10 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
10. Distribution – Data Protection: Ingram Micro Cloud is giving Acronis a boost in the data protection and hybrid storage markets. Acronis points to major revenue percentage growth through the Ingram relationship, though actual dollar figures and profit figures were not disclosed.
9. Distribution – Ethernet Providers: Intelisys, a ScanSource company, has agreed to offer partners access to Skywire Networks broadband network across New York City.
8. Distribution – Robotics Process Automation: Tech Data claims to be the first U.S. solution aggregator to deliver robotic process automation (RPA) solutions by forming a strategic partnership with Automation Anywhere.
7. Cloud Database Management – Microsoft Azure: Quest Software has released Spotlight Cloud in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace. Spotlight Cloud allows Azure partners and administrators to proactively resolve database performance issues, optimize performance, and make the best provisioning choices to ensure high database performance, Quest says.
6. Talent – Google Cloud Platform (GCP): Google has hired another key Oracle executive to drive the Google Cloud Platform forward…
5. Application Performance Monitoring (APM): SolarWinds has added live code profiling to AppOptics — a SaaS-delivered infrastructure and application performance monitoring (APM) solution. AppOptics live code profiling provides a breakdown of the most frequently called functions and methods in a transaction. The feature allows developers to understand which line of code is causing a performance issue.
4. MSPs and IBM Cloud: Neutrona Networks, a provider of managed network services in Latin America, now offers customer connections to IBM Cloud’s global network.
3. Cisco and Service Providers: How is Cisco Systems working with big service providers? New clues are here.
2. MSP Software Integrations: IT Glue, owned by Kaseya, has confirmed new, deeper ticket integrations with ConnectWise Manage and Datto Autotask — two of the leading PSA (professional services automation) platforms for MSPs in the SMB market. On a related note, IT Glue’s recently published Open Platform Manifesto explains the company’s long-term integration strategy.
1. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs: We’ll unveil the 2019 list during our next webcast. Register now to join us live or to listen on-demand.