5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 12 February 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, February 12, 2019.
Actually, there are seven timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
7. Huawei Banned? – The Update: Which countries are banning Huawei equipment, and which are striving to work with China’s embattled technology giant on 5G networks? The latest updates include chatter from the United States and Germany…
6. IT Audit Concerns: Nearly two-thirds of organizations say the tech skills gap is impacting IT audits, according to an ISACA study. To help close that skills gap, ISACA has launched a Transforming IT Audit web site, with resources on AI, blockchain, IoT and more.
5. OpEx Data Centers: The Lenovo Data Center Group has launched TruScale Infrastructure Services, a subscription-based offering that allows customers to use and pay for data center hardware and services – on-premise or at a customer-preferred location – without having to purchase the equipment. The effort, to Lenovo’s credit, specifically includes channel partner opportunities.
4. Verizon-Alibaba Cloud Partnership: Here are the details.
3. IoT Research: CompTIA “2019 Trends in Internet of Things” gauges the current state of play for commercial deployment of IoT solutions.
2. PSA Software Momentum: Harmony grew its annual recurring revenue by 50 percent over the past six months, and is slated to double during its fiscal year (July 2018-June 2019), the PSA software provider says. Actual revenue and profit figures were not disclosed. Dozens of companies develop PSA software. But in many regions, ConnectWise and Datto’s Autotask PSA are considered the entrenched leaders among MSPs in the SMB sector.
1. Your Most Profitable MSP Service: That’s the topic of ChannelE2E’s February webcast. Register now to join us.